"Naomi did an excellent job and kept a very difficult client calm and reassured. A big thank you to her for all her work and support."
Naomi works alongside Karen Reynolds and Claire Cooper as part of the Clinical Negligence team and is based in Derby. She also acts for several clients in the Stoke-on-Trent area.
Naomi has experience in a range of clinical negligence cases including;
- Birth injury to baby, acquired brain injury and cerebral palsy
- Birth injury to mother including psychological injury
- Misdiagnosis and delay in diagnosis and treatment of various conditions
- Inadequate surgery and/or treatment
- Fatal claims
She assisted Karen Reynolds in a landmark Court of Appeal decision on the law of consent, meaning that a significant settlement will be achieved for a child left with profound disabilities.
Naomi has been involved in various pro bono initiatives including the Pathways to Law scheme, Right to Read and the Enterprise for Education schemes. She has also been involved with CP Sport which is a Nottingham-based charity supporting children with cerebral palsy to fulfil their sporting potential.
Maxillofacial Claims/Negligent Facial Surgery
- Naomi is representing a large number of clients who have received orbital or jaw surgery but continue to suffer with cosmetic deformities or functional difficulties. She has received admissions on a number of her cases and is moving forward with quantification investigations in order to settle claims.
- Naomi achieved a £26,000 settlement for a client who received treatment for negligent procedures performed by Mr Roger Bainton.
- Naomi has worked alongside Karen Reynolds in a landmark Court of Appeal decision which overturned the decision of the lower court. The Court of Appeal held that the clinicians involved had not provided the Claimant’s mother with adequate information for her to make an informed decision about the care she wished to receive. If the Claimant’s mother had been advised of all of the information, then she would have elected to be induced at an earlier stage which, on the balance of probabilities, would have avoided the injury to the Claimant. Quantification investigations are ongoing and the Claimant is expected to recover in excess of £5 million.
- Naomi assisted in a birth injury case which was won at trial. Quantification investigations are ongoing and the Claimant is expected to recover in excess of £5 million.
Naomi personally represents clients who have suffered from PTSD and other psychological trauma caused by negligent care and treatment during or following the birth of their children.
- Naomi has recently achieved a settlement of £15,000 for a mother who suffered PTSD as a result of negligent treatment during the birth of her son.
“Naomi did an excellent job and kept a very difficult client calm and reassured. A big thank you to her for all her work and support.”(Client)
“I am writing to thank you for all your support…you are a real credit to Freeths.”(Charity Partner)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014