Nicola is a commercial contracts lawyer, working across multiple business sectors and with both private and public sector experience. Nicola’s work includes helping clients with their business projects and their day to day trading relationships.
Nicola assists clients with contractual drafting, termination and ongoing contract management. Examples of contracts which Nicola has drafted and advised on includes contract manufacturing, supply agreements, distribution and agency agreements, and collaboration agreements. Nicola also advises on data protection issues.
- Assisting a children’s charity with its GDPR/Data Protection project. This involved working closely with the charity to get to know its practices and procedures and advising at a strategic level in relation to general data protection compliance. Nicola also advised on data transfers outside of the EU.
- Nicola assisted a relatively new business who specialise in using innovative technology to develop and manufacture sustainable plastics. Nicola assisted the business in its collaborations with companies in the food manufacturing/packaging business by drafting bespoke collaboration/supply agreements.
Nicola has advised local authorities and has worked on multi-million pound projects. Nicola has experience in working with colleagues and advisers in areas such as HR and finance to ensure that advice and solutions on different aspects of a project are co-ordinated and integrated.
- Nicola advised a borough council on the outsourcing of its legal services. Nicola advised the borough council in relation to compliance with the Public Contracts Regulations 2015, and also drafted the contract for the provision of the services. One of the key issues for the borough council was measuring performance of the legal services provided and Nicola therefore worked with various departments to ensure that the contract was drafted accordingly.
- Nicola advised a county council on a joint venture project which included partnering with another public sector body and a private company to maximise the use and value of publically-owned land and buildings to deliver real benefits for residents in the local area. Nicola worked with other legal teams as well as management teams within the council to deliver the project. Nicola was involved in the drafting of complex legal agreements and co-ordinating with colleagues on various issues which arose including TUPE, IT and Data Protection.
Public Sector Health & Care
Nicola has advised various healthcare organisations including the NHS in relation to its commercial contracting.
- Nicola advised a large London based hospital in relation to the outsourcing of its pathology services. Nicola worked with various departments within the hospital to ensure the contract was fit for purpose as well as negotiating various points with the new service provider.
Transport & Logistics
Nicola has advised some popular automotive companies in relation to the manufacture/supply of parts in relation to motor vehicles. Nicola worked closely with the client team to understand the processes in relation to the development and manufacturing of motor vehicles to ensure that the contract was fit for purpose.
- Nicola drafted a bespoke logistics and distribution agreement for a bakery who required warehousing and distribution services. The client required a solution which was well balanced for itself and the supplier and Nicola worked with the client to create an arrangement which suited both parties whilst adequately protecting the clients’ interests
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014