"Patrick Whetter is based in the firm's Oxford office and is an expert in the management of commercial real estate portfolios. Clients say that he is 'detailed, methodical and always available' as well as 'extremely knowledgeable'."
(Chambers & Partners, 2018)
A highly experienced property lawyer, Patrick specialises in many aspects of commercial property. He has particular expertise in commercial landlord and tenant, freehold acquisitions and disposals, developing out sites and all aspects of property portfolio management.
Patrick deals with a variety of complex commercial transactions including conditional contracts and options, sales and leasebacks, corporate support transactions and secured lending.
- Advising global manufacturer of healthcare products on phased relocation of HQ to 3 new builds.
- Advising a household name on a £23 million divestment with associated and rail link network.
- Acting for occupier on 400,000 sq. ft. letting of newbuild warehouse.
- Acting on acquisition of a Business Park in the Midlands.
- Acting on sale of an £18 million investment portfolio of 24 industrial units.
- Acting on the refinance of a property portfolio of 60 units, with a value of £15 million.
Asset Management & Investment
Patrick has experience advising institutions and private investors on mixed portfolios.
- Advising on a large retail/office/residential portfolio including management issues and also disposal and acquisition of business park and retail property.
Patrick has experience advising a number of lenders on security aspects relating care homes and also global manufacturers of healthcare devices.
- Advising a lender on the sale of 30 bed care home site and development and relocation to newbuild a 60 bed care home.
- Advising global manufacturer of healthcare devices on phased relocation from existing office and warehouse distribution facilities to 3 newbuild sites.
“Patrick Whetter has significant experience in investment transactions and property portfolio management. His recent work includes assisting clients with transactions in the retail industry, along with advising notable banking institutions on property finance issues.”(Chambers & Partners)
“The ‘great’ and ‘very approachable’ Patrick Whetter has ‘good commercial knowledge,’ according to clients. He advises on a broad spectrum of commercial property work, particularly investment property matters and lease-related issues.”(Chambers & Partners)
Patrick Whetter “is extremely knowledgeable about commercial property law,” say sources. His broad practice includes a focus on areas such as landlord and tenant, development of out sites and freehold acquisitions and disposals. Sources say that he is “diligent and responsive to clients’ needs.”(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
“Patrick Whetter specialises in a range of real estate finance transactions including fund management and investment. According to sources, he is an ‘excellent communicator who is very good at explaining leases’.”(The Legal 500 )
“The ‘thorough and sensible’ Patrick Whetter is praised for his ability to ‘get things done’. He advises clients on all aspects of commercial property.”(The Legal 500 )
“Patrick Whetter is identified as ‘a very thorough and pragmatic’ solicitor who is able to ‘progress complex situations’ and ‘goes beyond expectations to deliver work in very tight timescales’.”(The Legal 500 )
“very experienced and commercial, and is able to advise on a wide range of property concerns,” say sources. He regularly represents an impressive roster of developers and lenders, and has notable expertise in the aviation and transport sectors. Sources say: “He is really fantastic with clients and very effective at coming up with novel legal arguments.”(Chambers & Partners, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014