"Paul Chadder at Freeths is organised, efficient, thorough and good with clients."
(The Legal 500)
Paul leads the defendant personal injury team which is highly regarded for its work by the UK’s leading legal directories.
Paul handles all types of personal injury claims, including road traffic accidents, employers’ liability, and public liability and product liability matters. He specialises in employers’ liability and public liability claims including those involving industrial disease. Paul also handles Health & Safety Executive prosecutions and professional indemnity personal injury related matters.
He is accredited by the Law Society as a personal injury specialist, is a member of Oxford’s Medico-Legal Society and is a member of the Reading Chartered Insurance Institute. He is a lawyer based at our Oxford office.
Defending Personal Injury Claims
- Paul acted for the Second defendant in a jurisdictional dispute arising from an RTA in Australia involving the correct interpretation of Rome II. Flora Stylianou v (1) Masatomo Toyoshima (2) Suncorp Metway Insurance Ltd (2013) EWHC 2188 (QB).
- Paul secured a settlement of a maximum severity paraplegic claim for £4.5 million, pleaded at £18 million.
- Paul achieved the successful strike out of a product liability claim and subsequent discontinuance on Appeal with costs summarily assessed in full.
- Claimant discontinuance of an employers’ liability brain injury claim with contribution to costs from co-defendant.
- Paul is acting on a complex multi-party EL claim with an estimated value of £3 million following an accident at a construction site involving an alleged personality change following exposure to welding fumes.
- Successful settlement at a JSM of an unusual multi party EL fatality claim following an incident at an office party pleaded at over 1.4 million.
Transport & Logistics
Paul has developed a significant amount of experience acting for clients within the Transport and Logistics sectors. Paul acts for major motor manufacturer and Logistic companies.
- Paul advises on numerous employer’s liability and public liability claims, often resulting in such claims being discontinued or claims being settled economically and promptly with significant savings to both the clients and their Insurers.
- Chartered Insurance Institute
- Medico-Legal Society
“A pragmatic and commercially aware lawyer who is also prepared to take a robust position.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Honest and realistic advice.”(The Legal 500)
“‘…organised, efficient and thorough’ Paul Chadder and handles the full range of PI matters, including RTA, travel and sports claims.”
“The personal injury practice at Freeths LLP in Oxford takes on liability matters involving employment, products and injuries occurring in public places, as well as industrial, motor, and health and safety claims. The ‘sensible’ team lead Paul Chadder is supported by ‘shrewd’ assistant solicitor Matthew Bacon, Amy Barnett and senior associate and road traffic accident specialist Irvin Thobourne.”(The Legal 500, 2017)
“Chadder is ‘vastly experienced, technically excellent and operationally practical’.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014