Rachel has wide experience in dealing with all real estate property matters. These have included sales, purchases, auction sales, alongside Landlord & Tenant matters including new lease, lease renewals together with surrenders and assignments. She is also involved in the acquisition or disposal of freehold and leasehold retail units, including units in shopping centres and retail parks.
Rachel is the winner of the South East Lawyer of the Year 2017 – Lloyds Banking Group Business Development Awards 2017.
Real Estate Finance
Rachel has many years of experience in acting on both sides of security transactions, providing advice to borrowers, lenders, banks and private individuals. This has been in connection with secured and structured lending, debt restructuring, lending associated with share buy-backs and demergers.
- Acted for a bank in connection with security over a large and complex deal, completing the transaction in tight extremely tight timescales, which otherwise the borrower would have been in breach of contract.
- Acting for a bank in connection with security taken over a portfolio in excess of 50 plus properties.
Rachel also handles a wide variety of housing association work and her broad knowledge enables her to deal with all property aspects. This include site acquisitions and development work (including off-site easement, section agreements relating to planning, highway and drainage adoption) through to the onward sale and leasing of the property. Her work has an emphasis on acquisitions, disposals, and in particular nomination and Section 106 Agreements including drafting of shared ownership and other specialist leases.
- Acted for a large Registered Provider of Social Housing in relation to refinancing facilities in excess of £5 million.
- Acted for a large Registered Provider of Social Housing, in connection with a site acquisition. This was done within very tight timescales in order to ensure that the client did not lose their grant funding in relation to the scheme.
- Acting for a private individual in connection with the acquisition of a new build office development, in excess of £1 million.
To contact Rachel or for more information…
“Pleasure to work with.”
“A calming confident approach to tackling problems.”
“Reliable and friendly.”
“Rachel is friendly, accommodating and extremely good at explaining the complicated legal terminology.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014