"Birmingham-based Raymond Joyce is best known for advising on construction-related disputes. Clients value his ability to articulate complex issues and his in-depth industry knowledge."
In addition to being a solicitor, Raymond is a chartered civil engineer, experienced mediator (ADR Group accredited), experienced Adjudicator (TeCSA accredited), fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and a member of the Legal Affairs Panel, and a Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Engineers.
He is the author of the “Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 Explained” published by Thomas Telford, having previous authored three previous editions of a book explaining the earlier Construction (Design and Management) Regulations. He is also the author of “A Commentary on Construction Contracts Part II of the Housing Grants, Construction and Regeneration Act 1996” also published by Thomas Telford and a contributing author to the ICE Manual of Construction Law.
Raymond is listed as a Recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 (2014 Edition) and is ranked in Chambers (2014 Edition) as a Leading Individual.
- Appointed as the adjudicator in various disputes up to a value of £22 million. The issues at stake in the adjudications have included entitlement to payment, valuations of variations and claims for time, loss and expense, final certificates, interpretation of contract provisions and defective plant and materials.
- Appointed as the mediator in engineering and commercial disputes including professional fees, defective materials, machinery and workmanship and work undertaken by utilities or related supplies.
- Recovery of over £800,000 for the contractor in the adjudication of a solar panel contract by successfully arguing for loss of profit.
- Acted in shareholder dispute valued at £800,000 in a technology company and another valued at over £2 million in a manufacturing family business.
- Recovery of proceeds of fraud including the successful recovery of £1.6 million involving four employees in an engineering business.
- Accredited Adjudicator
- Chartered Engineer
- Chairman of the Dispute Resolution Panel of the ICE
- Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Engineers
“Birmingham-based Raymond Joyce is best known for advising on construction-related disputes. Clients value his ability to articulate complex issues and his in-depth industry knowledge.”
“Raymond Joyce is department head and upholds his excellent reputation. He is known locally for his strong expertise in engineering, construction.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014