“Rena Magdani is ‘outstanding’ and provides ‘clear, pragmatic and timely advice, and is also a very good advocate’.”
(The Legal 500)
An experienced lawyer, Rena Heads up the Employment Team at our Leicester office. She has over 20 years’ experience of providing commercially-minded employment advice to private and public sector clients.
Rena is recognised as an “Elite Leading Lawyer” in Employment by The Legal 500. She has been ranked as a “Recommended Lawyer” in The Legal 500 since 2011 and as a “Leading Individual” in Chambers since 2012.
Rena has a proven track record in successfully defending clients in complex multi-day hearings. She conducts her own advocacy in the employment tribunal and regularly speaks at seminars.
Rena also provides bespoke training on a variety of HR issues.
Rena is listed as a Leading Individual in both Chambers (2018 Edition) and the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
Rena’s work has included a range of contentious and non-contentious matters including discrimination, equal pay, unfair dismissal, outsourcing, TUPE, redundancy, business restructuring programs and providing strategic HR advice. She is recognised as a leading employment lawyer in The Legal 500 and Chambers.
- Advising a Building Society on a restructuring programme involving large scale redundancies and variation to terms and conditions of employment.
- Advising a multi-national security software company on the TUPE implications of off shoring.
- Advising a distribution company on the TUPE implications of winning a commercial warehousing and distribution contract.
- Successfully defending a national powered access company (including the advocacy) in a 5 day disability discrimination claim involving direct and indirect discrimination, and victimisation.
- Advising on the employment aspects of a major corporate transaction involving TUPE and large scale redundancies. Rena advised on due diligence information, warranties and indemnities in the Sale & Purchase Agreement, TUPE consultation obligations and the implementation of collective redundancies following the transfer.
- Providing bespoke training to HR Departments on a wide range of topics including, the Equality Act 2010, TUPE, Implementing Restructures and Reorganisations in the workplace and Handling Disciplinary and Grievance matters.
- Successfully defending a County Council (including the advocacy) in a 7 day sex discrimination and unfair dismissal claim and successfully claiming substantial costs against the Claimant.
- Successfully defending a University in a 7 day Equal Pay case which was worth in excess of £200,000. Rena dealt with all aspects of the claim including advocacy at the hearing.
Transport & Logistics
- Successfully defending a national logistics company (including the advocacy) in a 4 day unfair dismissal claim involving fraud.
- Employment Lawyers Association
“Rena has acted for DPD Group UK Ltd for over 17 years. I commenced my duties with DPD Group at the beginning of 2008 and in the time that I have worked with Rena, I have found her to display the utmost levels of professionalism. Her speed and accuracy in response are unquestionable and the advice that she has given to me and my team has been extremely valuable and beyond dispute. I would not hesitate to recommend Rena to any future business partner or company.”(David Poole, HR & Training Director, DPD Group UK Ltd)
“Rena provides excellent professional employment advice to AVG. Her technical knowledge, pragmatic approach and speed of response is impressive. I value the business partnering approach Rena applies and value the quality of the legal support that we receive from her.”(Christophe Francois, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, AVG)
“Rena Magdani is recognised as a skilled advocate, regularly representing clients on equal pay, discrimination and holiday pay claims. Clients admire that her ‘advice is always delivered in an affable and gracious manner, which is most reassuring in difficult situations’.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Rena Magdani is ‘outstanding’ and provides ‘clear, pragmatic and timely advice, and is also a very good advocate’.”(The Legal 500)
“Rena Magdani offers the full range of employment law expertise but particularly stands out for her advocacy skills. She is described as having a ‘no-nonsense approach and a very commercial style’, and is ‘very good at stripping back the details and looking past the politics’.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Rena Magdani provides ‘realistic advice and risk analysis’, sources reveal. She heads the Leicester team and comes as highly recommended by peers and clients alike.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Very knowledgeable, very responsive and a very capable advocate.”(The Legal 500)
“Knowledgeable employment lawyer who is noted for her excellent client service.”(Chambers & Partners)
“Rena Magdani works on both contentious and non-contentious matters, ranging from unfair dismissal and equal pay claims to outsourcing matters. ‘I like her approach to matters. She is no-nonsense and easy to work with’ says a source.”(Chambers & Partners)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014