Renata is a director in our banking & finance team and has more than 10 years’ experience advising on banking & finance matters, including financing provided by clearing banks, asset based lenders and funds. Renata completed a secondment in the legal team of a UK clearing bank, focussing in particular on the asset based lending portfolio. She is a solicitor of England and Wales and, prior to joining Freeths LLP, spent several years working in Dubai and has an in-depth knowledge of financing structures in the Middle East.
Her practice extends across the spectrum of banking & finance matters from transactional work such as acquisition finance and real estate finance to bespoke structures, such as structured inventory products and asset based lending products. Renata advises both financiers and their customers and has experience of both conventional and Islamic structures. She has also been involved in drafting and maintaining funders’ standard documents.
Renata also has experience of restructuring matters, including portfolio review and exit planning for financiers and options analysis for borrowers.
Banking & Finance
- Acting for an asset based lender providing receivables finance, cash flow and term loan facilities (aggregate £11,000,000) to a group of companies in the recruitment sector in the context of an MBO.
- Providing a lender with legal options where the borrower group was on the brink of insolvency, where lender exposure was circa £30,000,000, including contingency planning and value break assessment on a successful restructuring versus a forced insolvency.
- Advising an asset based lender providing receivables finance, plant and machinery and inventory facilities of £45,000,000.
- Acting as lead regional counsel to a fund which was financing a group of companies. Renata’s role included coordinating security across four jurisdictions and advising on the best available security structures for the underlying asset type, given the different local law security perfection and registration regimes.
- Acting for a borrower group on the £265,000,000 syndicated finance facility provided in connection with hospitality operations, comprising three hotels and a mall.
- Acting for the borrower group on a $600,000,000 syndicated acquisition financing in the energy sector.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014