"Freeths' private client team has an excellent reputation for advising individuals on every aspect of their life, from wealth generation and preservation through to acquisitions and disposals of property, family and childcare matters, elderly parents, injury and clinical negligence, and future planning (wills and probate)."
(The Legal 500, 2017)
Ruth is a Solicitor working in the firm’s specialist Court of Protection department.
She specialises in acting for vulnerable clients and the management of their financial affairs. Ruth also deals with the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney, Court of Protection applications, Living Wills (Advance Decisions), and care advice.
She is a STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners) Technician and Associate member of Solicitors for the Elderly, and also holds a STEP Advanced Certificate in Advising Vulnerable Clients.
Court of Protection & Deputyships
- Acted for numerous clients who lack mental capacity, and who have received a significant award of damages, in the ongoing management of their financial affairs.
- Acted for a client in an application to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a property and affairs Deputy.
- Acted for a client in an application to the Court of Protection for the appointment of a health and welfare Deputy.
- Acted in an application to the Court of Protection for authority to purchase property.
- Acted in an application to the Court of Protection to remove an inappropriate Deputy.
- Acted in an application to the Court of Protection to discharge a Deputyship Order where the client has regained capacity.
- Prepared urgent interim applications to the Court of Protection for the release of monies to pay care home fees.
- Prepared Lasting Power of Attorney documentation and the registration of the same at the Office of the Public Guardian.
- Acted for a client in the registration of Enduring Powers of Attorney.
- Advised on capacity issues and the role of Deputies and Attorneys, and the responsibilities and duties of both.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners
- Solicitors for the Elderly
“Please accept our grateful thanks for the seamless way that you managed our business in sorting the Deputyship for my Aunt.”(Mark Halward)
“The clear and concise information provided allowed me to fully understand what I would be undertaking if I was to put myself up for Deputyship.”
“Very many thanks for all your help. It has been a pleasure working with you.”
“My wife and I would both like to thank you for making the process so easy and efficient.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014