Sajjid Kurmani is a specialist in our dispute management team experienced in advising clients on both small and large disputes.
Sajjid has a proven track record in successfully advising a range of clients: private individuals, UK companies and international businesses on resolving their disputes. Always keen to achieve the best commercial outcome possible for his clients and drawing upon his breadth of experience, Sajjid has successfully won cases at trial as well as settled disputes on favourable terms.
Trial – Sajjid has conducted complex trials in the High Court using the latest electronic trial software to ensure the efficient conduct of the proceedings. Sajjid is well versed in providing support to both clients and counsel during the course of trial including large scale document management, witness preparation and cross examination preparation.
Disclosure – Sajjid has experience in managing teams to conduct large scale disclosure exercises, using both hard copy disclosure and electronic review platforms.
Advocacy – Sajjid has represented clients in interim hearings as an advocate in the High Court.
- Advising a classic car dealer in a dispute concerning the delivery of the original gearbox for one of the most expensive cars ever sold.
- Acting for a high net worth individual in a family dispute over the terms of a Deed of Settlement which governed the disposal of the sale proceeds of a portfolio of investment properties.
- Advising a publicly listed transport company in a high profile trial of several claims brought against a former director and large shareholder for breach of directors’ duties regarding his conduct before and after his dismissal from the board – Stobart Group Limited v William Andrew Tinkler  EWHC 258 (Comm).
- Representing the same client in the Court of Appeal and the Supreme Court, in respect of a claim for a breach of a tax warranty in a share purchase agreement – Stobart Group Limited and others v William Andrew Tinkler and Ors  EWCA Civ 1376
- Representing several liquidated companies in a dishonest assistance claim against the trading desk of a bank subsequent to a MTIC VAT fraud which affected the Carbon Emissions market in 2009 – Bilta (UK) Ltd and Ors v RBS plc and Mercuria  EWHC 3535 (Ch)
- Advising on damages occasioned by a worldwide freezing injunction obtained pursuant to a purported breach of retention of title clauses in international consignment agreements.
- Investigating a potential case of unlawful business diversion on behalf of an international recruitment agency following the discovery of several unsolicited offers of employment made to current employees from a former employee
- Representing five lead case Appellant LLP’s in the Upper Tier Tax Tribunal in relation to the commercial analysis and tax treatment of interest paid on loans in an LLP structure investing in the exploitation of intellectual property rights in the creative industries – Acornwood LLP and Ors v HMRC  UKUT 0361 (TCC).
- Representing a national real estate developer in defending a claim from the vendors of a site alleging deliberate delays in obtaining planning permission.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014