"I would definitely recommend Stuart to anyone dealing with a situation like ours where another company is infringing IP rights or passing off.”
Stuart advises across the full spectrum of Intellectual Property (IP) rights. These include copyright, trade marks, passing off rights, databases, designs, patents and confidential information.
From a contentious side, his experience ranges from the resolution of IP infringement disputes at an early pre-action stage, through to litigation in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court and IPEC Small Claims Court. He also specialises in trade mark oppositions at the UKIPO and EUIPO, as well as domain name and company name disputes at NOMINET, WIPO and the Company Names Tribunal.
From a non-contentious side, Stuart specialises in the provision of strategic IP advice, trade mark filings, product clearance, advertising and marketing issues as well as corporate transactional work.
Before joining Freeths, Stuart worked in-house for an American multinational entertainment company in the City where he also specialised in Intellectual Property. He is also a fluent Dutch speaker.
Intellectual Property & Media
- Copyright claim at the Small Claims Intellectual Property Enterprise Court resulting in pre-trial settlement.
- Claim for trade mark infringement in the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
- 100% success rate in relation to domain name recovery actions at NOMINET and WIPO (pre-action, following Expert decision and through mediation).
- Trade mark, product and advertising clearance work for a major UK retailer.
- 100% success rate in relation to Company Names Tribunal actions.
- Full corporate transactional IP support on several high value deals including IP due diligence searches and agreements for assignment of IP.
“Stuart handled our case and represented Really Good Domains Ltd in both a Domain Name Dispute and Company Name Tribunal with the same respondent. He quickly understood the key facts of our complaints and presented the relevant facts in a clear, well presented manner.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014