Tom trained with Freeths and qualified into the Dispute Resolution Department of Freeths’ Milton Keynes office early in 2016.
Tom conducts, advises on and assists with the litigation of a range of legal disputes, particularly in relation to commercial property, commercial contract and insolvency issues. He also advises on debt recovery and methods of enforcement.
As a member of the Milton Keynes office’s specialist commercial property litigation team, Tom has experience advising and assisting clients in the Drinks, Hospitality and Leisure sector. This has included landlord and tenant disputes, estates queries and the Assets of Community Value regime.
- Appearing in Central London County Court as advocate on behalf of a client to successfully resist an application for relief from sanctions and an application to set aside a statutory demand and obtaining an order for costs against the applicant.
- Acting for and advising insolvency practitioners on the recovery of sums due to insolvent companies.
- Acting for and advising Milton Keynes Parks Trust in order to quickly mitigate the effects of a tenant’s insolvency and associated landlord and tenant issues.
- Advising a large airport operator on effective methods of legally excluding individuals who did not abide by the Airport’s byelaws from the premises.
- Successfully resisting a large number of Assets of Community Value nominations at initial nomination or review stage.
Drinks, Hospitality & Leisure
Tom is a member of the Milton Keynes office’s specialist commercial property litigation team and has experience in advising in the Drinks, Hospitality and Leisure sector. As well as assisting senior members of the team, Tom has advised pub companies, tenanted operators, hotels, restaurants and late night operators on various estates management issues and property-related disputes.
- Tom has extensive experience of the assets of community value regime. He has successfully resisted a large number of nominations and assisted with appeals to the First Tier Tribunal in relation to Asset of Community Value listing and compensation claims.
- Acting for and advising various large pub and/or restaurant owner/operators in relation to estates management issues, including in relation to various breaches of covenant, debt recovery and business lease renewals.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014