Tristam is a highly experienced transactional real estate lawyer who advises on a range of commercial real estate matters. This includes freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals, development agreements, forward-funding agreements, complex agreements for lease and landlord & tenant and property management work.
Tristam trained and practiced for a number of years at a leading City law firm before moving to Freeths in 2014.
- Advising a leading supermarket retailer on complex conditional acquisition contracts and development agreements for lease.
- Acquisition of a portfolio of three shopping centres for circa £250 million and the disposal of mixed-use St Katharine Docks in central London for circa £150 million.
- The acquisition and disposal of a number of other commercial real estate assets and portfolios within the retail, office and industrial sectors with individual values up to £60 million.
- The management and refinancing of commercial real estate portfolios within the retail, office and industrial sectors with values of over £100 million.
- The development funding of a supermarket development within the Home Counties for over £29 million.
- Forward purchase of a retail park for £17.1 million being a new development and involving putting in place a development agreement with the developer.
- Advising a corporate client on the real estate aspects of its acquisition of a major competitor to create a business with a combined turnover of €1.3 billion per annum.
“Tristam is a very committed and reliable real estate lawyer who knows his stuff. He brings a commercially-minded and proactive approach to transactions and he is a pleasure to work with.”(Alister Thompson, Director, BMO Real Estate Partners)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014