“I have always found him to be diligent, thorough and tenacious. His wise counsel coupled with a commercial approach has been of great assistance.”
(Cathie Bruce, Experienced Consultant and Non-Executive Director )
Tristan is a trusted advisor in relation to legal and commercial issues.
He has expertise in Commercial Litigation, Professional Negligence, Contracts, Partnership Disputes, Shareholder Disputes, SPAs (warranty and indemnity claims), Financial Mis-selling, Intellectual Property, Landlord & Tenants, Global Entities (international disputes), Property (domestic and commercial), Injunctions, Mediation, Debt Recovery and ICC arbitration.
He is passionate about Dispute Management, rugby league, history and Japanese supercar slayers.
As well as being a CEDR trained mediator, Tristan has represented clients at over 25 mediations and is highly skilled at resolving disputes in this way.
- Secured at mediation a substantial settlement for a European Construction company in a dispute over the construction of various hotel projects in London.
International Litigation, Mediation & ADR
Tristan has a wealth of experience acting for both UK and overseas entities involved in disputes over contracts which cross international borders (the conflict of laws) and is adept at enforcing English judgments worldwide.
- Represented a world leading technology company in a complex multi-jurisdictional dispute with one of its distributors. Tristan’s tenacity secured a six figure payment and the opportunity of a new business relationship going forward.
- Acted for a number of large companies in disputes involving the International Chamber of Commerce.
- Acting for a famous UK manufacturer over an issue with new technology in industrial machinery.
Expert in extracting clients from extremely difficult situations involving neighbours from hell.
- Resolved a high value boundary dispute between quarrelling neighbours. Tristan’s strategy out manoeuvred the opponents and extinguished what was a highly emotive situation.
Wills, Trusts & Probate Disputes
Over the years, Tristan has skilfully brought and defended Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims most notably, involving multi-million pound estates.
- Handled Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claim for a private individual. Tristan’s approach obtained the best available outcome and secured the client for life.
“I can highly recommend Tristan for his professional advice and help in resolving issues that require his specialist knowledge. He is always happy to be of assistance and I feel reassured I am in safe hands and that he will work hard to resolve the matter in question.”(Charlotte Morris-Roper, Business Owner)
“I have always found him to be diligent, thorough and tenacious. His wise counsel coupled with a commercial approach has been of great assistance.”(Cathie Bruce, Experienced Consultant & Non-Executive Director)
“I never felt that I was getting anything less than 100% of his attention and focus. He clearly thinks in a very commercial way – what is going to be the best outcome here for the client, and how do we best go about getting there. He’s also mindful of the need to keep legal costs to sensible levels, in proportion with the claim, which (as the person writing the cheques) I was very pleased with! To top it all, he’s a nice guy too. I wouldn’t hesitate to use him again, or to recommend him to others.”(Mark Hope, Business Owner)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014