Victoria works as a private client solicitor in Freeths’ Taxation team and is based at our Sheffield office. She specialises in Trust formation, administration and taxation, the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney and Will writing.
Victoria has experience in preparing specialist Trusts such as Personal Injury Trusts and Disabled Beneficiary Trusts.
Victoria can also assist with the preparation of personal tax returns and the process of entering clients into Self-Assessment with HM Revenue and Customs.
Victoria is full member of STEP having completed the diploma in Trust and Estate Administration with distinction.
Victoria has experience in dealing with a wide variety of Trust matters including; the preparation of Trust deeds, Trust administration and tax compliance matters and can assist with the preparation of Trustee income tax returns and inheritance tax returns
Victoria also has experience in preparing Declarations of Trust and other Trust documentation, such as Deeds of Appointment and Retirement of Trustees, Deeds of Appointment (to appoint capital out of a Trust) and Loan Agreements.
- Providing trust administration and tax compliance for a Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA) Trust which could not be classed as a Special Needs Trust/Disabled Persons Trust as the beneficiary did not meet the qualifying criteria under the statutory definition.
- Preparing Specialist Personal Injury and Disabled Beneficiary Trust deeds.
- Entering new and existing Trusts on the Trusts and Estate Register.
- Preparing annual Trustee tax returns and R185s for beneficiaries who receive income distributions during the tax year.
- Calculating inheritance tax exit charges for distributions of capital from a Trust.
- Preparing personal Self-Assessment tax returns including date of death tax returns.
Wills & Lasting Powers of Attorney
Victoria has experience in drafting Wills for clients, ranging from simple Wills to those containing trusts and tax planning structures. Victoria’s approach to drafting Wills is to make the process as client-friendly as possible.
Victoria assists clients with the preparation and registration of both Property and Financial Affairs Lasting Powers of Attorney and Health and Welfare Lasting Powers of Attorney.
- Prepared mirror Wills for married clients to allow for their estate to qualify for the Residential Nil Rate Band.
- Prepared mirror asset protection Wills giving the surviving spouse a life interest in the deceased’s share of the family home, thereby protecting the underlying capital from financial assessment should the survivor require local authority care in the future.
- Prepared a Notice of Severance to sever a joint tenancy to prevent the property passing by survivorship on death and allowing the couple to leave their share of the property in an Asset Protection Trust within their Wills.
- Prepared and registered mirror Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and financial affairs appointing the donor’s spouse as attorney and children as replacement attorneys.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014