Zoë advises public and private sector clients on all areas of planning and highways law in relation to major residential, retail, commercial and mixed use developments – as well as enforcement and proposed enforcement. Her areas of expertise include the Section 106 planning agreements and Section 106A Deed of Variation, and Highways Agreements under s38 and 278 of the Highways Act 1990.
She can also give advice in respect of planning enforcement notices, planning due diligence work, advice on liability for Community Infrastructure Levy and village greens.
- Acting for a Development, drafting and negotiating a Section 106 Agreement for a phased development for up to 252 dwellings as part of a wider urban extension. A balancing exercise was undertaken to achieve an Agreement which allowed sufficient flexibility for the Developer whilst enabling the wider development of the area.
- Acting for a Developer in respect of an Agreement to secure Sustainable Alternative Natural Greenspace from a third party, in order to remove an objection to the grant of planning permission. Zoe also acted for the Developer in connection with the associated Section 106 Agreement to be submitted as part of the planning appeal.
- Drafting Section 106 Agreements on behalf of a Local Authority, securing matters such as the provision of a care home, affordable housing and financial contributions.
- Advising a Council in respect of the ongoing nature of enforcement notices and their interrelationship with subsequent planning consents, where a formal request was made for the withdrawal of enforcement notices.
- Working as part of a team advising a client on compensation provisions in the event of the withdrawal or modification of planning consent.
- Advising occupiers in respect of the meaning of planning conditions and their intended use.
Zoë acts for Local Authorities in undertaking their planning and highways functions. She regularly acts as Solicitor to Planning Committee and advises Members in meetings.
- Acting as solicitor to Planning Committee. Advising the Planning Committee during the meeting on various issues including material considerations, whether proposed reasons for refusal are robust and the ability to enforce Section 106 Obligations amongst other things. Zoe also advises Members regarding personal interests.
- Advising a Highway Authority in respect of the removal of a street from the List of Streets. Consideration of historical data together with legislation and case law was required where a landowner disputed that its land should have been included on the List of Streets.
- Drafting and negotiating Section 106 Agreements on behalf of the Planning Authority securing matters such as the provision of a care home, affordable housing and financial contributions.
- Advising a Council in respect of the ongoing nature of enforcement notices and their interrelationship with subsequent planning consents where a formal request was made for the withdrawal of enforcement notices.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 12 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014