What is involved?
Our regulatory team advises insurers, insurance intermediaries and brokers on a range of issues, including on securing FCA authorisation, ongoing compliance issues (such as SMCR or Consumer Duty requirements) and on insurance coverage disputes and insurance claims. Our lawyers can also advise at a product development stage to ensure that your products are designed to be compliant from the start of the process.
Our insurance specialists advise on a range of agreements including appointed representative agreements, distribution agreements (including TOBAs and binding authorities) and introducer agreements. We will ensure that all your agreements are fit for purpose, compliant from a regulatory perspective and are on reasonable and commercial terms.
Why choose Freeths?
- Our financial services team includes lawyers recommended in the legal directories, reflecting the quality and breadth of expertise in the industry.
- Our lawyers are experienced in provide cutting edge advice to insurance intermediaries and insurtechs on all aspects of a insurance intermediary business, utilising the firm’s experience in providing practical, commercial and tailored advice to intermediaries at all stages of growth, including start-ups, growth stage and established intermediaries.
- Our lawyers are experienced in supporting clients through FCA investigations and financial services disputes, advising on cost-effective strategies to assist to resolve any disputes that may arise. Our lawyers also evaluate areas of potential risk in firms and advise on steps to mitigate the risk of investigations and disputes arising.
The FCA’s new consumer duty
What should insurers and insurance intermediaries be doing now to implement the Financial Conduct Authority’s (FCA’s) new consumer duty?
In this video, our financial services specialists Daniel Seely and Daniel Meyer discuss the FCA’s new consumer duty with Edward Rushton at Lexis Nexis UK focusing on the key issues for implementation of the Consumer Duty in the insurance sector.
Head to our financial services sector page to find out more about our financial services expertise.
National Head of Team
0345 274 6909
0345 274 6909
0345 077 9567
0345 404 4147
0345 030 5656
Implementation of the Consumer Duty for Insurance IntermediariesArticles 24th Oct 2022
Implementation of the consumer duty for insurersArticles 19th Oct 2022
Freeths strengthens insurance offering with new Partner hireNews 12th Sep 2022
- Acting for a private equity backed firm in c.£50,000,000 worth of acquisitions in the UK insurance market, focussing on specialty insurance intermediaries and managing general agents.
- Advising an insurtech start-up on its data driven home insurance product, including securing FCA authorisation, advising on an ongoing basis on a number of legal issues and advising on and drafting its key agreements with its carriers and Appointed Representatives.
- Advising a trade credit insurer on their policy wordings and the effect of the Insurance Act 2015.
- Advising a start-up insurance broker on their Terms of Business Agreement (TOBA).
- Advising a motor industry finance and insurance software provider on re-drafting their appointed representative agreement to account for a change in the business’ permissions and advising the business on its professional indemnity requirements and on obtaining professional indemnity insurance.
- Advising our national motor dealer clients on ongoing regulatory compliance in relation to its insurance distribution activities.
- Advising insurers and policyholders on coverage disputes and insurance claims.
- Advising on coverage and acting on behalf of claimants in respect of claims for COVID-19 relates business interruption losses.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014