Transport & Logistics
Getting your business where it needs to be
What is involved?
The transport sector faces many challenges and we understand that you need legal advice tailored to your specific industry needs. Whether it’s changing environmental and safety regulations or managing your property portfolio – our multi-disciplinary team can help smooth the way.
You can trust our expertise in road transport and logistics. We work with a number of major distribution businesses, dealing with anything from warehouse and depot acquisitions to distributions agreements.
For airports we can bring to bear our longstanding knowledge of concession agreements with retailers, catering outlets and parking operators, as well as assisting with existing property needs, new development projects or staff management. Working in the role of interim in-house counsel, we have experienced life at the heart of the daily management of an airport, whilst acting for aviation businesses means we can see things from the perspective of airport partners, suppliers and airlines.
We are also committed to the rail industry, with specialist knowledge of day to day issues such as track access agreements, in addition to procurement, PFI projects and advice related to infrastructure.
Why choose Freeths?
- We have in-depth, specialist knowledge in 3 key transport sectors – aerospace, rail and logistics
- A clear understanding of the operating pressures you face, helps you to avoid difficult issues
- You’ll enjoy results from a dedicated team who have worked with other organisations in the industry and who can give the prompt, straight talking responses you need
Whether you work in road, rail or air transport, our success is built upon a clear understanding of your issues and challenges. With our niche knowledge of transport, we get straight down to what matters.
Call us now to see how we can help you.
Who we work with
- Eddie Stobart
- National Express
- London Luton Airport
- Hanger 8
- CH Robinson
- Bristol Airport
Transport & Logistics Lawyers
0186 578 1058
0845 126 3775
0186 578 1060
0845 404 4175
0845 271 6770
0845 030 5793
0845 404 4143
01865 781 054
0845 128 6969
0845 077 9610
0845 050 3648
0845 030 5759
0190 835 0200
0845 050 3684
0845 272 5715
0845 050 3206
0845 634 2589
0186 578 1151
Brexit: Planning your Workforce for the FutureArticles 18th Sep 2018
Logistics & Transport Legal Update: Autumn 2017Articles 18th Sep 2017
Logistics Bulletin: August 2016Articles 31st Aug 2016
"Jon and his team at Freeths know this sector well and having used them in a former logistics role I knew they would deliver. Having been told that other deals on DIRFT had taken many months in legals, we were delighted that Jon helped us exchange this significant deal for the business in a few weeks."
(Eddie Stobart Limited)
"Freeths is called on by clients in the rail, aerospace and logistics sectors for advice on corporate/commercial, employment and property matters."
(The Legal 500)
"You really did a wonderful job steering us through an unbelievable morass of legal speak. I thank you for successfully negotiating all the obstacles and getting us to the other side intact."
"Shashi Chambers has developed a particular expertise in the aerospace industry. Clients say: 'He knows his stuff' and approaches matters with 'flair'."
(Chambers & Partners)
"He offers prompt responses and keeps us well informed on timelines so we always know where we are."
"I have worked with a fair few of the so called 'magic circle' firms in my career but have not until now come across a team of lawyers who are so knowledgeable in relation to your specialist area, hard working and efficient at getting the job done."
(Julia Mahmood, in-house counsel, Gama Aviation Plc)
"Personable and easy to work with...His understanding of the airport and of the business has meant that his advice is commercial and practical."
(Swati Paul, GC, Luton Airport)
"During my time at LF Logistics Mark worked on a number of Commercial disputes for us and I always found his approach, level of service and advice extremely professional. I would highly recommend Mark's services as he significantly helped LF Logistics through some very challenging commercial situations."
(Richard Hill, Senior Vice President, LF Logistics)
- Advising leading business jet operator, Hangar8 Plc, on its £82.3 million reverse takeover transaction with the Gama Aviation group, to form Gama Aviation Plc, a £130 million plus market capitalisation aviation services company, listed on AIM.
- Providing HR support to a national logistics company including advising on a large scale investigation, following receipt of a complaint relating to a number of sensitive allegations of sexual bullying and harassment.
- Representing a Turkish airline in Commercial Court proceedings commenced by a lessor, following the catastrophic failure of the leased asset during a commercial passenger flight.
- Advising on a number of rail disputes relating to upgrade works to track, bridges, stations and signalling.
- Resolving a dispute between the warehousing and transportation provider and the customer, our client, where the provider was looking to renegotiate certain terms or exit the contract early due to unanticipated costs, without the need for recourse to litigation.
- Advising potential claimants in respect of claims for damages from the major truck manufacturers, arising out of The European Commission’s 2016 Judgment that MAN, Volvo/Renault, Daimler, Iveco, and DAF all broke EU antitrust rules, colluding for 14 years on both truck pricing and the passing on of the costs of compliance with stricter EU emission rules. This resulted in a record fine of €2,926.499,000.
- Representing a holiday company in Commercial Court proceedings commenced following its failure to take delivery of two Boeing 767 aircraft.
- Advising Gama Aviation Plc on its acquisition of FlyerTech Limited and Aerstream Limited.
- Advising a leading supplier of rolled aluminium sheets to the automotive industry on pan-European warehousing and distribution arrangements.
- Acting as sole adviser to a national coach company, including handling multiple tribunal claims each year and providing both policy and strategic advice across different levels of the organisation.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014