Group Litigation Order is approved – next step for the campaign
The High Court have now issued the Group Litigation Order, with a deadline of 26 July 2017 for Post Office workers to register a claim and join the Group Action. The details of the Order are below, please contact us if you or anyone you know has been affected and could be entitled to join the Group.
The Post Office Group Litigation
- Date of Order: 21 March 2017
- Judge: TBC
- Court: High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division
- Managing Court: The Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court at the Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL
- Lead Solicitors: Freeths LLP of Floor 3, 100 Wellington Street, Leeds, LS1 4LT
This Group Litigation Order (“GLO”) applies to all claims (hereinafter “the Claims”) made against Post Office Limited by Claimants:
- who claim to have suffered losses as a result of Post Office Limited having:
- Inappropriately attributed to them and/or inappropriately recovered alleged shortfalls in branch accounts from them;
- suspended them, terminated or induced their resignation from their appointments or engagements, for a reason related to inappropriately alleged shortfalls in their branch accounts;
- pursued civil or bankruptcy proceedings, criminal prosecutions and/or restraint applications against them for a reason related to inappropriately alleged shortfalls, and/or;
- sought to do any of the foregoing for a reason related to inappropriately alleged shortfalls in their branch’s accounts; and
- whose claims gives rise to one or more of the GLO Issues in Schedule 1.
- These Claims shall constitute and shall be known as “The Post Office Group Litigation” and are to be conducted in accordance with the terms of this GLO and any subsequent orders. The parties to these claims are bound by the orders of the court made in relation to The Post Office Group Litigation.
The content of this page is a summary of the law in force at the present time and is not exhaustive, nor does it contain definitive advice. Specialist legal advice should be sought in relation to any queries that may arise.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014