Group Litigation Order against Post Office Limited is approved
The Justice for Subpostmasters Alliance (JFSA) has announced that the Group Litigation Order (GLO) against Post Office Ltd has now been approved by the President of the Queen’s Bench Division of the High Court, which means that the case will continue through the court as a group action. Post Office Ltd is defending the claim.
Freeths are representing the JFSA in their claim against Post Office Ltd.
The details of the approved Group Litigation Order are:
- Date of Order: 21 March 2017
- Judge: TBC
- Court: High Court of Justice, Queen’s Bench Division
- Managing Court: The Queen’s Bench Division of The High Court at The Royal Courts of Justice, Strand, London WC2A 2LL
- Lead Solicitors: Freeths LLP of Floor 3, 100 Wellington Street, Leeds LS1 4LT
This Group Litigation Order (GLO) applies to all the claims (hereinafter “the Claims”) made against Post Office Limited by Claimants:
- who claim to have suffered losses as a result of Post Office Limited having:
- Inappropriately attributed to them and/or inappropriately recovered alleged shortfalls in branch accounts from them;
- suspended them, terminated or induced their resignation from their appointments or engagements, for a reason related to inappropriately alleged shortfalls in their branch accounts;
- pursued civil or bankruptcy proceedings, criminal prosecutions and/or restraint applications against them for a reason related to inappropriately alleged shortfalls, and/or;
- sought to do any of the foregoing for a reason related to inappropriately alleged shortfalls in their branch’s accounts; and
- whose claims give rise to one or more of the GLO issues in Schedule 1.
These Claims shall constitute and be known as “The Post Office Group Litigation” and are to be conducted in accordance with the terms of the GLO and any subsequent orders. The parties to these claims are bound by the orders of the court made in relation to The Post Office Group Litigation.
For more information about joining the Group Litigation, visit www.poclaims.co.uk.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014