GDPR Compliance: Knowledge Sharing Workshop – Milton Keynes – 19 November
GDPR Compliance: Knowledge Sharing Workshop
As In-house Counsel in a large organisation GDPR compliance will be an important part of your role. There are hefty fines for those who do not comply – the ICO is currently proposing to fine British Airways £183.39m for failing to adequately protect customer data from theft. That said, more than a year after implementation very few businesses claim to be GDPR compliant.
This workshop will give you a practical overview of the GDPR regime with “real life” examples of the risks and how to avoid them. The speaker, who has been working in-house, will lead the discussion and share her practical knowledge of issues such as:
- The new requirements under the GDPR: Privacy Impact Assessments, changes to criteria for Consent, record-keeping, the duties of a Data Protection Officer;
- Data breaches: how to recognise and deal with a potential privacy breach, including record-keeping, reporting requirements and the ICO’s approach;
- Subject Access Requests: dealing with SARs in practice;
- Safeguarding personal data in the workplace/ business: how to make the business responsible for building and maintaining compliance, not just the lawyers!
- Lessons learnt from recent ICO decisions
There will be a round table discussion on keeping your GDPR compliance programme alive and up-to-date allowing delegates to share practical ‘privacy tips’ and previous experiences.
Who should attend?
Aimed at In-house Counsel and Company Directors with responsibility for GDPR compliance
8.30am – Registration and light breakfast
9am – Workshop and questions
The event will close by 10.30am
Date & Time:
Tuesday 19 November 2019, 8.30am – 10.30am
Freeths LLP, Routeco Office Park, Davy Avenue, Knowlhill, Milton Keynes, MK5 8HJ
Register your interest to attend this event by completing the form below.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014