European Protected Species: One-Day Legal Training Course for Ecological Consultants and Developers – 11 March 2020
This is a detailed legal course for Ecological Consultants and Developers who have some experience of European Protected Species (EPS) licensing. It provides a detailed explanation of the EPS legal framework and how to work with the framework to get the best results for your developer clients. The course includes updates on district licensing and strategic licensing and experience of NE’s EPS policies 1-4.
Wednesday 11 March 2020
10:00 – 16:00
1 Vine Street
- NE’s District Licensing and Strategic Licensing
– What are they?
– Where are they going and what are their implications for ecological consultancies?
- EPS criminal law and when you do / don’t need an EPS licence
– Detailed session on each of the key criminal offences applying to EPS
– What do the offences mean in practice?
– The up to date case law behind them
– How to apply the offences to your clients’ projects
– Tips on how to max out unlicensed works to benefit your clients
– When you do / don’t need a licence for Temporary Amphibian Fencing?
- Natural England’s EPS Licensing Policies
– What do NE’s EPS licensing policies mean
– How do you apply them?
– Experience to date on how to get maximum benefits for your clients from the policies
- Planning and EPS
– Up to date case law on how EPS should be treated in the planning system
– How to overcome EPS-related objections at the planning stage (looking at both EIA and non-EIA development)?
“As for the course [Penny Simpson’s EPS course], it was 11/10. Brilliant. I can’t recommend it highly enough. I’ve insisted that my colleagues go on the next one, and you should too!”
“I recently attended a CIEEM training workshop held by Penny on EPS law, which was incredibly interesting, and useful. Penny is a fantastic teacher and clearly a leader in her field.”
“Penny’s courses always contain new and interesting points”
“Thought provoking and helpful”
“Great course and venue and lunch”
Costs: £245* / £265 per ticket (plus VAT) *early bird offer (limited spaces). These prices include a booking fee.
Morning / afternoon refreshments and lunch are included. All course materials will be provided.
Places are limited so we recommend that you book your place as soon as possible.
To book your place please click the link below. Note that you will be directed to the Eventbrite website in order to pay and reserve your place on this course.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014