Salary Sacrifice – Benefit or Burden? – Pensions Webinar – 15 October 2020
The Freeths Pensions team would like to invite you to the third in our series of live webinars.
Date: Thursday 15 October 2020
Time: 10am – 11am
In the current economic climate, many employers are considering implementing salary sacrifice schemes so that the business and its employees can receive the benefit of National Insurance savings whilst maximising their employees’ retirement savings.
Please join Kim Jones and Caroline Gaines as they explain what a salary sacrifice scheme is and the savings which can be made by both the employer and employee in implementing such an arrangement.
This first section of the webinar will cover:
- What is a salary sacrifice scheme?
- How to set up a salary sacrifice scheme
- What are the pitfalls when implementing a salary sacrifice scheme and its interaction with automatic enrolment
- Illustrative examples
The Pros and Cons of Salary Sacrifice: (Freeths) and Mark Bowen (Punter Southall Aspire).
Salary sacrifice schemes are not suitable for all and in some cases they can adversely affect some individuals. In a post-coronavirus world, where the economy is in recession, furloughing is ending and government schemes appearing, does salary sacrifice still present a cost-effective opportunity for employers?
The second section of the webinar will cover:
- The advantages and disadvantages of salary sacrifice schemes
- What impact do salary sacrifice schemes have on redundancy payments and employees who are on maternity/paternity/furlough leave
- Different types of salary sacrifice schemes
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014