The insurance which is most often talked about in relation to construction projects is Professional Indemnity insurance, and I have written about that in a previous article. This article looks at two other types of insurance which are important in a construction context but which are less widely understood

Non-Negligent Damage Insurance the ground beneath one neighbouring building's foundations started to dry out and the neighbouring building began to subside and crack; meanwhile, on the other side of the new apartment block, the flow of groundwater was obstructed and the ground began to swell, causing "heave" which lifted up a neighbouring building on that side so that it started to tilt and crack.

Delay Insurance

This article was first published by Solicitors Journal on 26.5.15 and is reproduced with kind permission.

The content of this page is a summary of the law in force at the date of publication and is not exhaustive, nor does it contain definitive advice. Specialist legal advice should be sought in relation to any queries that may arise.