Civil Law Disputes
Freeths your legal problem solvers
What is involved?
Legal problems can arise in any area of our lives. Sometimes it can be difficult to know what to do, but our Dispute Management lawyers can help:
It could be that you are in dispute over a legal agreement, or a contract for the supply of goods or services. You need advice on your legal rights and someone to represent you.
Maybe you have recently sold or purchased a business, and issues have now arisen about the interpretation and enforcement of covenants, or warranties in the sale documentation. You need to know where you stand and how to protect your interests.
Perhaps you are a company shareholder and you feel that you have been disadvantaged, because the company has been run incorrectly or unfairly. You want guidance on your legal remedies and someone to take you through the process.
You may have fallen out with a business partner or fellow director over the organisation and management of a business or company. You need an expert who can handle the technical issues and help you reach a resolution quickly.
Or you may feel that you have suffered financially because of what somebody has done (or not done). You would like to know whether you have a claim, whether it is worth pursuing and, if so, how to go about it.
Why choose Freeths?
- We have a large national team of dispute management lawyers who are experts in civil law and litigation, including issues relating to the interpretation and enforcement of contracts
- We frequently advise clients on issues arising from mergers & acquisitions, including advice on Share Purchase Agreements, Management Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Covenants and Warranty claims
- We have extensive experience of acting for petitioners and respondents on Shareholder Claims for loss caused by “Unfair Prejudice”, involving petitions under s994 Companies Act 2006
- We have advised and represented numerous clients on partnership and company disputes, including issues in connection with the Partnership Act 1890 and the Companies Act 2006
- We are experts at pursuing and defending civil compensation claims for losses caused by Negligence, Misrepresentation, Breach of Trust and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Praised by our clients as being “responsive, knowledgeable and excellent value for money”, we provide you with dependable and strategic advice, focussing on early case assessment to achieve the result you want faster, better, cheaper
Please also see our other website pages for details of how we can assist on Property Disputes, Claims against Professionals, Wills Trust and Probate Disputes, Personal Injury, Clinical Negligence, Employment and Family disputes.
Civil Law Disputes Lawyers
01865 781 054
0186 578 1055
0115 935 1860
0186 578 1061
0845 274 6924
0845 274 6875
01865 781 023
"Market leader' Freeths is lauded for its 'strength-in-depth', and advised on a contested farm estate. Mark Keeley, who is 'thorough and reliable', is an experienced mediator. Rachel Gaffney was promoted to senior associate in 2014."
(The Legal 500, 2015)
"Freeths is 'pre-eminent for contentious trusts and probate'. ACTAPS member Mark Keeley is 'a safe pair of hands', and 'actively promotes mediation and looks for settlements while never compromising the client's position'. He acts in an impressive array of cases, including actions to set aside wills on grounds of undue influence, and complex Inheritance Act disputes."
(The Legal 500)
"Professional negligence is a particularly strong area for the firm, with both Foster and Crine having recently acted in major cases."
(The Legal 500)
"I always get a sense from you that you are on our side. It's good to know you have got our back covered."
"Thanks for all your help and advice during a very stressful time, leaving my employers to think about their position was a great call which allowed them to resolve the issue internally, without the need for starting a claim."
"I just wanted to thank you and your team so very much for all of your hard work and support to date. The customer service that I have received from you and your team can only be described as outstanding. You always go the extra mile and it is a real pleasure to deal with you."
"Thank you for all the support you have given us in this difficult, complicated and interesting case, you have explained all the jargon in easy to understand terms with efficiency and helpfulness."
- Acting for individuals in a claim against their former solicitors arising from inadequate legal advice resulting in substantial loss.
- Defending a professional and their insurer, against multiple very high value and complex claims.
- Providing employment advice to employees about all aspects of employment law including contractual issues, disciplinary and grievance procedures, redundancy consultations, settlement agreements and discrimination.
- High profile cases include Walker v Walker  EWHC 597 and Nankervis v Coates & Coates.
- Assisting where issues arise relating to the terms or running of a trust – both for trustees and beneficiaries.
- Disputes in the Court of Protection including lifetime wills, welfare, children and the elderly.
- Concerns over the actions of people holding a Power of Attorney over an individual’s finances and welfare and assisting in cases where vulnerable people may be at risk.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014