Civil Law Disputes
Freeths your legal problem solvers
What is involved?
Legal problems can arise in any area of our lives. Sometimes it can be difficult to know what to do, but our Dispute Management lawyers can help:
It could be that you are in dispute over a legal agreement, or a contract for the supply of goods or services. You need advice on your legal rights and someone to represent you.
Maybe you have recently sold or purchased a business, and issues have now arisen about the interpretation and enforcement of covenants, or warranties in the sale documentation. You need to know where you stand and how to protect your interests.
Perhaps you are a company shareholder and you feel that you have been disadvantaged, because the company has been run incorrectly or unfairly. You want guidance on your legal remedies and someone to take you through the process.
You may have fallen out with a business partner or fellow director over the organisation and management of a business or company. You need an expert who can handle the technical issues and help you reach a resolution quickly.
Or you may feel that you have suffered financially because of what somebody has done (or not done). You would like to know whether you have a claim, whether it is worth pursuing and, if so, how to go about it.
Why choose Freeths?
- We have a large national team of dispute management lawyers who are experts in civil law and litigation, including issues relating to the interpretation and enforcement of contracts
- We frequently advise clients on issues arising from mergers & acquisitions, including advice on Share Purchase Agreements, Management Agreements, Shareholder Agreements, Covenants and Warranty claims
- We have extensive experience of acting for petitioners and respondents on Shareholder Claims for loss caused by “Unfair Prejudice”, involving petitions under s994 Companies Act 2006
- We have advised and represented numerous clients on partnership and company disputes, including issues in connection with the Partnership Act 1890 and the Companies Act 2006
- We are experts at pursuing and defending civil compensation claims for losses caused by Negligence, Misrepresentation, Breach of Trust and Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Praised by our clients as being “responsive, knowledgeable and excellent value for money”, we provide you with dependable and strategic advice, focussing on early case assessment to achieve the result you want faster, better, cheaper
Our Civil Law Disputes Legal Team
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014