“My principal point of contact is Amy Morley who has not only impressed me but the whole of my team. She has taken the time to understand our business and works in a way that she knows suits our business.”
A specialist Dispute Resolution Lawyer, Amy acts for employers, contractors, consultants and professional indemnity insurers in claims arising from the built environment. She is recognised as a Leader in the Field of Construction Law by Chambers & Partners Guide to the Legal Profession.
Amy advises on all areas of construction and engineering law, including claims progressed by adjudication, arbitration or in the Technology and Construction Court.
Amy is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers & Partners (2024 edition) and as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2022 edition).
Construction & Engineering
- Acted for the Employer on a £2.5 million claim arising from a failure to serve Construction Act Payment Notices. The Technology and Construction Court judgment in this case was widely reported as of relevance to many construction industry professionals. The claim was resolved in favour of the Employer and within agreed legal cost budget.
- Acted for the Engineer and its Professional Indemnity Insurer on a claim arising from the design and construction of an offshore wind farm. Amy dealt with defence arguments and advocacy at an all-party mediation.
- Acting for a local authority on a £3 million Final Account claim concerning delay, defects and value variations on a new build project to provide council owned accommodation and private homes for sale.
Amy has considerable experience of mediation, particularly multi-party mediations, often where opponents decide to use Barristers (at additional cost). Clients value the ADR process as an alternative to the costs of trial and value Amy’s “determined yet realistic approach”.
- Group action involving 207 claimants where the opposing party was represented by Counsel and a top 100 law firm.
- Amy has deal with over 100 adjudications and has tremendous experience of this fast moving process which is unique to the construction industry.
- A payment dispute arising from an alleged failure to serve compliant Notices and a Final Account dispute involving an extension time claim, variations and allegations of defective work.
- Acting for the Contractor on a £6 million claim arising from an NEC contract. The dispute concerns in excess of 1800 Compensation Events and an involved factual background demanding the intelligent use of a document management platform to manage the evidence efficiently by reference to the notified CE’s.
- Acting for the supplier on Sale of Goods act claim of £3.4m claim arising from alleged defects.
- Acting as lead lawyer for the Defendant in a nuisance claim group action that involved 217 claimants.
To contact Amy or for more information…
- Society of Construction Lawyers
“We were very impressed with the service provided by Freeths, and specifically Amy Morley; in particular the high level of legal knowledge and expertise which was demonstrated together with your ability to fully grasp the often complex technical aspects of our case. We found Amy to be approachable and extremely efficient in dealing with our case and we were ultimately pleased with the outcome and appreciated the practical way in which our options were presented to us by way of costed outcome scenarios; this greatly assisted us in making commercial decisions.”
“Very strong in terms of recognising the issues that we need to deal with in a dispute.”
“Extremely efficient and client focused.”
“Amy is a construction claims specialist who is ‘determined yet realistic with a sharp commercial focus’.”
“‘Amy provides practical and cost-effective solutions to problems.’ She focuses on contentious matters and clients praise her ‘thorough and considered approach’.”
“She is personable, knowledgeable and challenging: if I have ideas, she will challenge me, and vice versa.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“Her additional strengths are a good knowledge and professional demeanour.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“She gives very practical advice and is very focused on our business.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
“Amy Morley’s advice is always well considered and supported by experience.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
“Amy is a construction claims specialist who is ‘determined yet realistic with a sharp commercial focus’.”(Chambers & Partners)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014