“Well done Ateeq. I don't think this would have happened today without your help and guidance. Excellent work all round, nothing too much trouble, dealt with professionally efficiently and above all commercially. Great job, thank you!”
(Kevin Walley, In-house Commercial Counsel, Tarmac)
Ateeq is a very experienced corporate lawyer, skilled in providing clients with commercial and pragmatic solutions. He has a particular focus on non-standard M&A transactions where more complex and bespoke structures are required.
He works with a variety of clients on a number of local and international projects and also has considerable experience working alongside in-house legal teams essentially acting as a seamless extension of the in-house function.
These include strategic acquisition programmes, exits and equity releases for senior shareholders, MBOs and MBIs acting for management teams and/or funders (private equity or bank), development capital investment by private equity houses, leveraged buy-outs acting for banks, business angel investments for start-ups (SEIS and EIS compliant), group reorganisations and reconstructions (solvent and insolvent) and shareholder disputes.
Ateeq is listed as a Recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
- Advising Tarmac on various strategic acquisitions and disposals.
- Advising Travis Perkins PLC on various acquisitions, investments and disposals.
- Advising Autins Group PLC on general corporate matters including the buy-out of its joint-venture partners in Sweden and Germany as well as its IPO on AIM.
- Advising Groupe Europe Handling S.A.S on its acquisition of Cobalt Ground Solutions Limited from KLM and Air France.
- Advising Sri Lanka based Phoenix Ventures (Private) Limited on its investment in Quantum Clothing Lanka (Private) Limited and subsequent acquisition of Quantum Clothing Group Limited.
- Advising the shareholders of Mofilm Ltd on the sale of a majority stake to You & Mr Jones Limited (backed by a New York based investment fund).
- Advising Hydrock Group Limited on various strategic acquisitions.
“I just want to place on record my gratitude to Ateeq for jumping to help us quickly, doing a great job and robustly protecting our interests – I think we got better protection as a result. Great to have had him in our corner to rely upon when my time and resources are short!”(Ivan Trevor, Finance Director, General Merchandising Division, Travis Perkins)
“Well done Ateeq. I don’t think this would have happened today without your help and guidance. Excellent work all round, nothing too much trouble, dealt with professionally efficiently and above all commercially. Great job, thank you!”(Kevin Walley, In-house Commercial Counsel, Tarmac)
“Thank you Ateeq. Appreciate all your support and guidance throughout the process. It’s been a pleasure and such a great experience working with you. We were always impressed with your thoroughness and clarity. As we take the next step, for sure you’re going to be a part of our future journey.”(Management Team, Inqube Capital (Private) Limited)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014