Ben is a Partner in the Banking and Finance team.
Over a career spanning stretches in Bristol, London and the Middle East, Ben has worked on a wide variety of finance transactions.
Ben advises both bank and borrower side clients on syndicated and bilateral finance transactions. He has worked on corporate lending and acquisition finance deals, real estate investment and development mandates, and upon ship and aircraft financing arrangements. Ben has a particular area of expertise in Sharia compliant financing transactions and has also worked on a number of Sharia compliant and conventional debt capital market issuances.
Ben studied Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Oxford University, before undertaking and completing the Postgraduate Diploma in Law and the Legal Practice Course at UWE Bristol.
A wide and varied experience of a variety of debt finance transactions over two decades involving a number of different structures and asset classes and across a variety of jurisdictions as well as an ability to work as the leader of a member of a team with equal effectiveness. Ben has experience in a number of highly bespoke revolving and term secured and unsecured finance arrangements in the UK and beyond.
- Acting for a lender on an unsecured loan to an operator of gymnasiums based across Europe.
- Acting for a bridging lender on a number of highly bespoke real estate secured loans across assets in the UK.
- Acting for an Islamic bank on a number of real estate backed Islamic financings in the UK.
- Acting for British Business Bank in its financing of organisations providing finance to vehicle fleet owning companies.
- Acting for a variety of Middle Eastern financiers in their financing of rig, ship and aircraft assets.
- Freeths advises UniHomes and its founders on a minority investment by LDC
- Freeths advises Intralink Group on significant investment from Mobeus
- Freeths support LDC-backed Cardel on cross-border acquisition and growth plans
- Freeths advises team.blue, a leading European supplier of digital solutions, on its acquisition of UK Dedicated Ltd.
- Freeths Bristol celebrates third-year anniversary with record growth
- Oxford & Thames Valley webinar: Snakes and Ladders – strategies for the corporate ups and downs
- Coronavirus Hub Webinar Series – Finance, Cashflow and Business Support
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014