Ben has a broad range of experience from his 12 years in practice. He specialises in development, investment and landlord and tenant work for developer, corporate occupier, investor and funder clients. He works across various sectors, with a recent emphasis in retail and student and before that the office and leisure sectors. Prior to joining the firm, Ben spent 12 years at Herbert Smith Freehills.
Ben is rigorous in his approach and a team player who clients and colleagues alike enjoy working with. He adapts to achieve a positive result, whatever the circumstances, and helps his clients achieve their objectives by anticipating and understanding their needs – then proactively uses his legal skills to ensure the appropriate allocation of legal risk. Ben’s hard work, project management skills and ability to get on with all the different stakeholders – and willingness to engage with and overcome challenges when they arise – help ensure a successful outcome and that timescales are met.
- Aldi Stores Limited on various new store developments in the South-East, with counterparties ranging from small developers to the likes of Aviva, M&G, U&I and Aberdeen.
- A student housing developer, StudioUS, on various bank-financed projects (including a 362-bed scheme in Durham with an end value of c. £30 million and a 120-bed office block conversion in Derby).
- A fund on the acquisition of agricultural land for a major new B1/B2/B8 logistics park.
- A local authority pension fund on the disposal of a portfolio of office and retail properties.
- West Register on the sale of a rural business park in Warwickshire.
To contact Benjamin or for more information…
“Benjamin blends strong technical ability and accuracy with a view to the ongoing requirements of a client; delivering reliability and service that allows effective asset procurement with documentation that is acceptable to subsequent stakeholders including lenders and their advisors. Whilst protecting his client’s interests Ben has a good feel for how to ensure transactions can be completed.”(Sevi Rixson, Managing Director, Studious)
“Ben’s knowledge of commercial development sites, legal skill and ability to address the interests of all parties has provided us with a robust legal foundation, which has enabled us to run projects in exciting and meaningful locations, not typically accessible for youth education work.”(Jane Riddiford, Founding Director, Global Generation)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014