"Caroline is approachable and knowledgeable, but most importantly available. To have the co-operation of a first class solicitor and her team makes my job infinitely easier."
(Anne Howarth, Bellway Homes)
Caroline heads up the residential New Build & Social Housing plot sales team which acts for over 25 national, regional and local residential and commercial property developers . Her work includes giving advice on selling new build properties, acting for social housing providers and carrying out residential sales and purchases. She has over 18 years’ experience of plot sales work and qualified as a solicitor in 2000 after gaining a 2:1 from the University of Staffordshire and has dealt with residential new build work since she qualified. She joined the firm in 2003 and became a director in 2015.
Caroline has expertise in drafting complex as well as standard documentation to enable unusual properties or developments to be easily sold to individual purchasers – with or without lenders and to investors and on bulk sales.
- Advising Bellway Homes Limited in relation to the sales of new-build residential properties as part of the major 15 year, £1.8 billion regeneration of North Solihull.
- Advising a major London local authority in connection with the development and sales of new build properties and regeneration projects at three new housing developments.
- Acting for Blueprint Limited Partnership in relation to the disposal of 160 new build plots at its residential regeneration and eco-development in Nottingham – including the grant funding agreement with the Homes and Communities Agency.
- Preparing the contract and lease pack for an over-50s scheme of leasehold properties on a high net value scheme.
Caroline deals with sales and purchases of all types of freehold, leasehold and commonhold new build properties. These include traditional houses and flats, coachhouses, maisonettes, conversions, refurbishments, regeneration projects, mixed-use and custom-build. All sizes of estates are covered, from 3 plots to over 4000 plots, with all types of management regimes.
Caroline specialises in negotiating and agreeing forms of management agreements between developers and maintenance companies/managing agents, in connection with residential housing developments and mixed use schemes.
- Advising a housing developer on the most suitable form of documentation on a mixed-use scheme. This was to ensure that the service charge and estate Rentcharge regime worked for both the commercial and residential units.
- Successfully negotiating and co-ordinating a management agreement for a consortium of three major housing developers, in respect of a complex residential development.
To contact Caroline or for more information…
“Caroline is approachable and knowledgeable, but most importantly available. To have the co-operation of a first class solicitor and her team makes my job infinitely easier.”(Anne Howarth, Bellway Homes)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014