"Chris has worked alongside Grizzly from the start in 2020 - dealing with music management contracts, client agreements and providing invaluable guidance. I trust Chris with all the work he does for Grizzly and always feel secure in the agreements we send out to our clients. Chris works in a professional manner, understands all aspects of what Grizzly needs and we have built a great relationship over our time working together."
(James Hughes, Founder and Director of Grizzly Sounds Ltd.)
Chris Musgrave is an intellectual property and media lawyer based in our London office. He acts for clients in a variety of creative sectors including tech, music, sport, fashion, art and retail – providing advice on contentious and non-contentious matters across a range of IP rights including copyright, designs, trade marks and passing off.
Examples of Chris’s work include fashion disputes, influencer/social media guidance, music management contracts, IP sale and licensing. Chris also advises start-ups across a range of sectors on managing and exploiting their intellectual property rights.
Chris studied law at the University of Sheffield before staying on to complete his master’s degree in corporate and commercial law, during which he specialised in intellectual property.
Intellectual Property & Media
- Lyle & Scott Limited -v- American Eagle Outfitters, Inc.  EWHC 90 (Ch).
- Acted for management company in relation to music artist management contract.
- Advised fashion start-up on a complex artwork licensing and sale agreement.
- Advised UK client on trade mark and passing off dispute before the Honourable Delhi High Court.
- Acted for fashion brand in supplier dispute concerning defective goods stored in Hong Kong.
- Assisted in reaching settlement for a client in an unregistered design right dispute in the retail sector.
- Acted for FTSE100 small cap client in three separate trade mark actions before the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
- Acted for FTSE100 small cap client before the Company Names Tribunal and domain name dispute.
- Assisted in obtaining an interim injunction and subsequent default judgment for wholesale food client restricting the import of counterfeit product.
- Six-month secondment to the commercial legal affairs team at News UK & Ireland Limited.
- Turning creative content into NFTs – What’s the deal?
- Freeths advise White Rabbit on £1.1million investment
- Freeths Advise QPR Newco LLC on the Purchase of Stake in Championship Football Club Queens Park Rangers
- Yabadabadoo! Freddy wins victory for fashion industry in IPEC post-sale confusion ruling
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014