“Claire was compassionate and professional throughout offering clear support and advice through a traumatic period of my life.”
Claire has acted purely for Claimants involved in personal injury litigation for the past 22 years and is accredited as a Senior Litigator by the Association of Personal Injury Lawyers. She is sympathetic and pragmatic, and previous clients praise her for an ability to explain things in a clear, patient and understanding manner.
She deals with claims arising from a variety of situations including road traffic collisions, accidents at work, assaults/criminal injuries, holidays and public liability cases. Claire specialises in dealing with fatal accident cases and acts for clients who have suffered serious and catastrophic injuries. She has a particular interest in adults with acquired brain injuries.
Acquired Brain Injury
Claire has represented numerous clients who have suffered acquired brain injuries – ranging from minor head injuries to severe brain injuries which have left clients incapable of managing their own affairs. She has experience of obtaining interim payments to put in place specialist Case Managers and rehabilitation packages aimed at improving the quality of life of clients.
- Secured compensation of £1 million for a client who suffered catastrophic brain injuries and physical injuries as a result of an accident at work. This enabled the client to adapt their home and have a bespoke care package in place to relieve the pressure on their relatives.
- Obtained compensation in excess of £450,000 for a client who sustained a brain injury arising from an unprovoked assault by a stranger.
- Obtained an award in excess of £215,000 from the CICA for a client who was assaulted.
- Obtained a settlement in excess of £860,000 for a client who suffered permanent physical and psychological problems following a road traffic accident which included an award for alternative accommodation and adaptations.
- Successfully settled a claim for a client who suffered multiple injuries in a Road Traffic Accident defeating arguments of alleged exaggeration to secure an award in excess of £300,000.
- Successfully achieved a settlement worth £375,000 for a client who sustained severe orthopaedic injuries in a motorbike accident.
- Secured an award in excess of £230,000 from the CICA for a childhood abuse case.
- Secured a compensation award in excess of £205,000 for a client who sustained physical injuries whilst abroad on a package holiday.
Fatal Claims & Inquests
Claire represents the families of those who have lost a loved one as a result of road traffic collisions, workplace accidents along with deaths that arise in other circumstances. She liaises with the Coroner, the Police and the HSE as appropriate in order to support the family of the Deceased. She will represent families at the Inquest or work with a Barrister in appropriate cases. As well as supporting the family, the Inquest process can also be vital in terms of obtaining evidence and information for the civil claim for compensation arising from the death.
- Claire acted for the family of an individual who had died in a work related accident where there were no direct witnesses to the incident. She liaised with the Police, the Health and Safety Executive and the Coroner to establish the circumstances leading to the death and following conclusion of the Inquest successfully obtained a settlement in excess of £285,000.
- Claire secured a settlement of £385,000 for the Estate and dependent children whose parent had been killed in a road traffic accident.
To contact Claire or for more information…
- Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
- Association of Personal Injury lawyers
“We consider Claire Hallam to have been exemplary, not only in her professional capacity, but also in the empathy she showed in dealing with this sensitive matter. She is a credit to your business.”
“Couldn’t be happier with the service we received from Claire.”
“Claire provided an excellent service throughout and appeared unphased by any problems that arose.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014