"David Laurence is quickly able to grasp a client's requirement with legal application. He has a skill to be able to allow a client to simply understand complex legal matters."
(The Legal 500, 2020)
David Laurence is a City trained real estate solicitor and his practice covers all aspects of property law. He has a proven track record of delivering high value and complicated transactions for both public and private sector clients.
Before joining Freeths, David spent five years working in the Restructuring division of a major UK bank. Here, he advised on the acquisition, asset management and disposal of a £1.2 billion property portfolio covering all major asset classes.
- Advising a major regional developer on the acquisition, development and phased disposal of a 55 acre development site (including negotiation of development management agreements with profit sharing provisions).
- Prepared a development constraints report and negotiated a development management agreement for a 220 acre site.
- Advised a London Borough on the acquisition of a parcel distribution hub for £18 million.
- Negotiated the purchase of a 9 acre site for a strategically important roadside service area (subject to the grant of a satisfactory planning permission).
- Advised international restaurant chain COYA on its pre-letting of premises at a new landmark City of London development (Angel Court).
- Advised a London Borough on its purchase and leaseback of a College of Further and Higher Education, including preparation of a development constraints report to facilitate future residential re-development.
- Prepared certificates of title in connection with the refinancing of a care home portfolio.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014