We were very pleased with the help from Eleanor…we would happily choose her as our Solicitor.
Eleanor qualified in October 2020 into the Trusts, Estates and Tax team having enjoyed two years with the team as a legal assistant and then trainee. Prior to joining Freeths, after completing a Masters in Crime and Forensic Science at UCL, Eleanor worked for three years as a research and personal assistant to a Sunday Times bestselling author.
Eleanor works closely with a Partner specialising in complex family trusts and agricultural family arrangements as well as assisting academics and authors with their estate planning.
Eleanor has experience in compiling the background and financial arrangements of family trusts as well as administering estates and managing estate properties that fell into disrepair during lifetime. She assists with a broad range of work, including the preparation of Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney, Deeds of Variation and acting for Executors and Trustees in the administration of Estates and Trusts.
Probate Application Solicitors
Estate Planning during lifetime:
- advising on the preparation of Lasting Powers of Attorney to include mitigation of risk of misuse;
- advising on issues of domicile and the potential inheritance tax ‘trap’ when spouses have mismatched domiciles;
- structures to provide for minor children;
- provisions in Wills to return particular assets back to one side of the family;
- provision by Will trust for vulnerable beneficiaries, to include detailed letter of wishes to the testator’s trustees to guide administration of the trust.
Estate Administration after death:
- advising on the tax implications of a property increasing in value after death during the estate administration process & production of illustrative inheritance tax and capital gains tax calculations to assist Executors in assessing offers received on the estate property.
- production of illustrative inheritance tax calculations to demonstrate how much charitable and non-charitable beneficiaries would receive with different divisions of an estate where the lower 36% rate of inheritance tax is applicable and assets are held outside of the jurisdiction.
- administering a potentially insolvent estate for court appointed Independent Administrators.
- drafting Deeds of Appointment and Retirement of Trustees;
- drafting Deeds of Appointment giving trust assets to beneficiaries absolutely;
- assisting with Trustees’ annual reports to beneficiaries and accounting to beneficiaries for the trust fund;
- termination of trusts to include final inheritance tax reporting and distribution of assets.
To contact Eleanor or for more information…
I would like to thank you for your clear, helpful and prompt advice during the preparation of the will. Our conversations and written correspondence clarified the points on which I needed to reflect to translate my intentions into an updated will. It was a pleasure to work with you on this.
Thank you for all your help and guidance….it was a pleasure to have met you.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014