Emma Dorman has worked in the dispute management team at Freeths for over 4 years, having previously trained with the firm.
She has experience in resolving a range of different disputes, specialising in contentious trust and probate work. Some key areas include:
- Will Validity Challenges
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Financial Abuse and Undue Influence
- Executor Disputes
- Contentious Court of Protection Work
- Disputes over Trusts of Land
- Professional Negligence Claims
Emma has experience in dealing with high value estates, and acts for clients in the High Court, County Court and Court of Protection. As a qualified Mental Health First Aider, Emma is alive to the impact and stress involved in dealing with family and personal wealth disputes, and strives to cut through the issues in order to navigate her clients through the dispute resolution process, whether that is through court proceedings or exploring negotiations to find a practical resolution.
Contentious Trusts & Probate
Emma has recently:
- Successfully overturned a will on the grounds of lack of capacity and want of knowledge and approval, as a result of High Court proceedings.
- Secured the appointment of a professional Court of Protection Deputy to investigate P’s assets and concerns of financial abuse by a family member
- Negotiated a resolution as to how the proceeds of sale of a property were to be divided between the joint owners
- Advised regarding allegations of lifetime undue influence by family members
- ACTAPS Student Member
- Member of ConTrA,
- Level 3 Qualified Mental Health First Aider (Accredited by Mental Health First Aid England)
- Masters in Law (LLB LLM)
A great source of stability in dealing with a rogue
I don’t normally hug a professional! I just felt so much gratitude for all your hard work, sound advice and emotional support and understanding
So worlds apart from my previous solicitor
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014