Emma is a senior associate in the London Competition team. She advises on a range of UK competition law issues, including merger control and behavioural issues, and also has experience of national security and investment, compliance and regulatory and competition litigation.
Emma has recently joined from BT Plc, where she has spent the vast majority of her career so far, and is an expert on telecommunications. She also completed the Postgraduate Diploma in EU Competition Law at King’s College London in 2019.
In recent years, Emma has taken a keen interest in Pro Bono, working with and supporting three main charities: Cancer Research UK; Family Action; and The Brooke Hospital for Animals.
- Advising and training multiple major companies on competition compliance, including advising on complex commercial arrangements with competitors, customers, licensees and suppliers.
- Advising a UK plc on an internal Competition Law investigation involving allegations of resale price maintenance and collusion with resellers in a dual-distribution context.
- Advising a property development scheme in relation to restrictive covenants applicable to land.
- Advising clients on the UK’s National Security and Investment Act 2021 and its applicability to qualifying entities and assets, including acting on mandatory notifications.
- Advised SPV funding recipient on Subsidy Control/State Aid issues arising from an uplift to an EU State Aid compliant public loan facility in relation to town centre redevelopment works in Greater Manchester.
- Provided competition law and regulatory advice across all British Telecommunications Plc Group businesses.
- Provided competition law advice to and advised on the sale of BT Fleet Solutions.
- Green Agreements: Collaborating with competitors on environmental sustainability
- Freeths advises Northern Gritstone on investment in Mimetrik Solutions Limited
- Automotive Industry: A new Motor Vehicles Competition Law Block Exemption is now in force
- A changing antitrust landscape under the Digital Markets, Competition and Consumers Bill
- Environmental sustainability agreements under UK competition law
- UK Competition Law: 5 Need To Know Hot Topics for 2023
- Businesses take note – the introduction of the UK’s new ‘Vertical’ agreements regime is fast approaching
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014