Emma joined Freeths in April 2022 after having trained and qualified at her previous firm. Emma has 10 years’ experience in resolving a range of disputes and has specialised in contentious trusts and probate work for over 5 years.
Emma has a calm and pragmatic approach to cases and guides her clients throughout their dispute to achieve the best result for them. Emma recognises the personal and emotional impact that clients can go through in dealing with cases of this nature and supports her clients throughout their case.
With legal costs at the forefront of most clients’ minds, Emma provides clear advice on costs and keeps her clients regularly updated, whilst considering the most cost-effective and sensible approach to resolve their dispute.
Emma has experience in resolving a range of different disputes, specialising in contentious trust and probate work. Some key areas include:
- Will Validity Challenges
- Claims under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975
- Disputes relating to the Administration of Estates
- Financial Abuse and Undue Influence
- Executor Disputes
- Trustee Disputes
- Disputes over Trusts of Land
- Professional Negligence Claims
Contentious Probate Solicitors
- Representing a client in an Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claim which achieved a settlement at an early stage, preventing court action and a protracted dispute.
- Representing trustee clients to defend claims against them for breach of trust and breach of their duties.
- Acting for an executor in a dispute with their co-executor and working to a resolution for the parties to continue with the estate administration jointly.
- Representing a client in a claim to challenge the validity of a family member’s will on the grounds the deceased lacked testamentary capacity.
To contact Emma or for more information…
Associate Member of the Association of Contentious Trusts & Probate Solicitors (ACTAPS)
Member of ConTrA – The Contentious Trusts Association
I started with Sally Goodger who contacted me to help me with the situation I had. She was very polite and reassuring. She then passed me on to Emma Pottinger, who has been wonderful. Always polite and helpful, the work was completed to my satisfaction. I would certainly recommend Freeths.”
“It is such a relief to finally see the end of this business…It has been a pleasure to work with you. You have always been so polite, helpful and supportive. Thank you very much.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014