Ewen played a key role in assisting us in this landmark international transaction. He provided innovative and commercial solutions when issues arose.
(Fiona Thomson, Templars Medical.)
Ewen has a breadth of corporate experience having acted for owner-managed businesses, larger corporate groups and private equity firms across a variety of sectors. Having trained and qualified as a solicitor in Scotland, he moved to the corporate team of a City firm in London before joining Freeths as a Senior Associate in September 2021. Ewen was promoted to Managing Associated in February 2023.
Ewen’s particular focus has been in private company transactions – such as sales/acquisitions, mergers & demergers, private equity and venture capital, and group reorganisations. He has also advised clients in areas of corporate governance and in equity capital market listings, both on AIM and the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- Advised Cambridge Power Limited on all corporate aspects of its clean energy joint venture with Brookfield Renewables, a global asset manager in the sector. The terms of the joint venture arrangements involve a minimum investment commitment of £250m and related to the development of an 800MW pipeline of battery storage and hybrid batter/solar projects in the UK.
- Acted for the shareholders of Templars Medical Agency, a specialist healthcare recruitment business, on the sale of its holding company and operational subsidiary to a Dedicare, a Nasdaq Stockholm listed company and the largest healthcare staffing
- Advised Hexagon AB, a publicly listed global information technology company, on its proposed acquisition of the private equity backed Qognify from Battery Ventures and various management sellers. Qognify operates in various globally and has a number of international operating subsidiaries as part of its corporate group structure.
- Acted for RSK Group Limited, an environmental, engineering and technical services business on the acquisitions of various unconnected businesses operating in the UK and internationally – ranging from £2m to £20m in valuation with potential further consideration in each case.
- Advised Autorama UK Limited in connection with the £15m investment in the company by a Dutch private equity partnership.
- Acted for the managers of Moss Bros. Group following its administration and corporate restructuring with regard to sweat equity issuances and cash investment by them in the business, as part of the wider reorganisation with aggregate loan and equity investment of $25mfrom US private equity firms.
- Acted for Celeres Investments Limited on a number of equity subscriptions at Series A and later stage investment rounds in companies spanning a diverse range of sectors.
- Assisted on the London Stock Exchange (main market) dual-listing of Canadian minerals company, Yamana Gold Inc., with market cap of circa. $5bn and previously trading on the NYSE and TSX.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014