Iram is a Senior Associate within the immigration team at Freeths. She has significant experience in UK business immigration, acting as a point of contact to large multi-national organisations, consultancies, banks and private individuals before she qualified as a solicitor in 2018.
Iram advises employers from various sectors such as, DigiTech, Professional Services, Life Sciences, Manufacturing and Engineering, Retail and Energy. Her advice encompasses all aspects of the sponsorship regime including licensing as a sponsor with the Home Office, supporting recruitment from overseas, advising on compliance matters, conducting compliance audits and Immigration training.
Iram’s breadth of experience in individual immigration also includes advising on EU settled status and British nationality.
- Advising on non-PBS applications, such as applications for indefinite leave to remain, British Citizenship applications and applications under European law.
- Penalties for employing illegal workers set to triple in 2024
- What can a business visitor do in the UK?
- Fishing occupations to be added to the Shortage Occupation List
- The impact of international students on the UK economy
- Delivery drivers: crackdown on illegal working
- Why are right to work checks important?
- What happens if a sponsored worker’s start date is delayed?
- Upcoming Changes to the Shortage Occupation List: Construction Sector
- Latest Immigration Rule Changes: for business people and workers
- Why does your worker’s Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) expire in 2024?
- 20-hour cap lifted for Visa holders in Health and Social Care
- Increases to the minimum salary for Skilled Worker visa holders
- Government funding to boost recruitment in the adult social care sector
- Roehrig v Secretary of State for the Home Department
- Labour shortages in the UK and the post-Brexit immigration system
- The Home Office accepts recommendations made in the Chief Inspector’s report on the immigration system as it relates to the agricultural sector
- Business Immigration Quarterly Update: September 2022
- Business Immigration Quarterly Update: January 2022
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014