Isobel has over nine years experience in dealing with both contentious and non-contentious insolvency matters. She works closely with insolvency practitioners, directors and owners of businesses, accountants and individuals in all aspects of personal and corporate insolvency law.
Isobel provides commercial and practical advice to clients including assisting insolvency practitioners in pursuing claims arising from insolvency estates and the merits of those claims. She handles a caseload of complex bankruptcy matters dealing with potential claims for preferences, transactions at undervalue and misfeasance actions.
Insolvency & Corporate Recovery
Isobel advises on:
- Administrations – advising on the appointment process, antecedent transaction claims, applications made by IPs, ROT and set-off matters, IP’s duties, sale of company assets, administration trading issues and advising on property/ landlord and tenant insolvency issues.
- Liquidations – advising liquidators and creditors on creditors’ claims and ROT issues, dealing with winding up petitions and CVL’s, recovery of assets from debtors and taking actions against directors.
- Restructuring – advising companies and directors in relation to financially stressed companies and working through solvent solutions for rescue, including refinancing and creditor arrangements
- Contentious insolvency matters – dealing with statutory demands, winding-up petitions, debt recovery and administrators’ and liquidators’ applications.
Advising directors about their duties in scenarios where a company is in financial difficulties,
- Acting for directors in defending claims brought by an administrator or liquidator
- Individual insolvency matters including IVAs, bankruptcy and annulment
- Advising trustees in bankruptcy in pursuing potential claims for preferences, transactions at undervalue and misfeasance actions
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014