"Josh Middleton has a good eye for detail on the law and in the evidence, both in terms of adding value with good points and spotting where the issues may lie. He is commercial and understands how the court may approach things, whilst still fighting for the result that his client seeks."
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Josh Middleton qualified into the Dispute Resolution team in the firm’s Birmingham Office after training with Freeths.
Josh has experience of dealing with a range of complex and high-value cases, with a particular emphasis on professional negligence claims and contractual disputes. He manages disputes at all stages of the litigation process.
During his training, Josh was seconded to one of the UK’s largest builders’ merchants to provide advice and management of a variety of disputes. Through this experience, Josh has an in-depth understanding of the commercial solutions for businesses when faced with a dispute. Josh has also spent time training in the firm’s commercial team, providing him with the acumen to identify quickly and efficiently the contractual position in a dispute.
Josh Middleton is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in The Legal 500 (2024 edition).
- Advising multiple claimants in a multi-million-pound professional negligence claim against a firm of solicitors.
- Defending a building merchant wholesaler in a multi-party product liability claim.
- Advising on and preparing a negligence claim for a global supermarket chain against a landlord.
- Providing commercial advice to a major ticket agent in respect of complex issues arising from the Government’s crackdown on the secondary ticketing market.
- Assisting in the defence of a high net-worth individual against multiple claims, including allegations of fraud.
- Advising on a professional negligence claim arising out of significant damage caused to luxury property.
- Motor Ombudsman reports rising complaints – are court claims on the horizon for dealerships?
- Supreme Court Judgment clarifies when director’s duties to creditors will be triggered
- Seismic ruling from the High Court gives Franchise Finance Providers the green light to terminate critical financing services and contracts on only seven days’ notice
- The Supreme Court delivers a landmark judgment that may impact thousands of business interruption insurance claims relating to COVID-19 losses
- Coronavirus: Force Majeure or not Force Majeure, that is the question…
- How to effectively manage the risk of being sued for your business
- Restrictive covenants and safeguarding the commercial interests of your business
- Back to the future with driverless car technology
To contact Josh or for more information…
“Josh Middleton is an associate whose abilities are far greater than his years. He is sensible, commercial, and proactive.”(The Legal 500, 2024)
“Josh Middleton is detailed and focused on his investigation, and a good lawyer to boot.”(The Legal 500, 2022)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014