“Jude has fitted into our team really well and has been a great asset to us through our bid towards winning the National Lottery (so much so that we have asked her to come back). She is able to pick up contract drafting and negotiation easily and independently taking a large strain off the balance of our legal team. She has been responsive and easy to work with. We are very grateful for Jude’s hard work and assistance.”
(Jonathan Handyside, Allwyn Entertainment Limited)
Jude is an experienced commercial lawyer with a wealth of experience acquired largely although not exclusively in-house working for a variety of large organisations including Transport for London and Diageo plc, Unilever Plc and BT Plc. Jude has advised on a wide range of commercial matters including procurement, terms and conditions of sale and purchase, logistics and warehousing, facilities management agreements, outsourcing agreements, software licence agreements, software as a service and web site policies.
Jude initially worked in project finance and gained several years experience advising on infrastructure projects and PFI agreements for the construction and long term maintenance of schools, hospitals and roads.
Jude advised Six Degrees Technology Group Limited on a multi-million pound contract to provide cyber security and remote monitoring services to a large Japanese bank marketing a cyber-currency similar to bitcoin. This required thinking creatively about how to address the Bank’s requirements for extremely high caps on liability for the services compared to the contract value to satisfy their concerns while still ensuring the deal did not expose the client to unmanageable risk.
Jude formed a key part of a team delivering a project to ensure Diageo’s compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. This entailed working closely with a multiple areas of the business in the UK and Hungary and a wide variety of internal stakeholders, to a tight deadline. Jude added significant value by advising on practical ways to change data processes to mitigate the risk of breaching the GDPR requirements.
Jude has recently advised City Plumbing (formerly part of Travis Perkins Group) on a number of projects including high value time critical contract for the procurement of key logistics and warehousing services. Jude is a calm and thorough lawyer with a practical and commercial approach who is well able to assist clients in completing contracts within tight time scales.
- IT and software – Jude has advised on a range of contracts for the sale and purchase of IT and software services, including cloud, co-location and connectivity together and intellectual property rights licences;
- Data protection – Jude has significant experience advising on compliance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018;
- Sale and distribution of goods – Jude has drafted and negotiated a number of large contracts for the sale and distribution of goods including most recently the sale of beverages through distribution agreements across Europe and Russia for Diageo Plc.
- Outsourcing of services – Jude has advised on numerous outsourcings of IT services for Unilever Plc and also facilities management services including most recently for Rank Group Plc.
- Public procurement – Jude worked for a number of years as a senior lawyer within the in-house legal team of Transport for London advising on the procurement and negotiation of several multi-million pound infrastructure projects to improve the London Underground network, all of which were governed by the public procurement regulations.
- Infrastructure – Jude advised and assisted negotiating several contracts to enhance the power supply infrastructure to the London Underground Network and to install cooling systems.
- Energy – Jude advised and assisted negotiating London Underground’s complex and high value contracts to purchase its energy requirements for the Underground Network.
- Project Finance – Jude spent five years in the project finance team at Addleshaw Goddard LLP advising private and public sector clients on project finance transactions to build and maintain new facilities in the health, defence and education sectors. This included, for example, advising the Ministry of Defence on a scheme to construct to new training facilities at the Royal School of Military Engineering, and the Department of Health on a scheme to provide additional clinical ophthalmology services from the private sector from numerous temporary facilities across the UK. In addition Jude also advised clients including investment funds on purchasing interests in the secondary market for such projects.
To contact Jude or for more information…
Member of the Law Society
Jude came in to support with planned interim cover and was a real pleasure to welcome to the team. She stepped in with the minimum of fuss, delivered excellent, commercially considered advice, and worked flexibly and efficiently in a way that really worked for us. A very easy recommendation to make.(Matthew Redding, General Counsel, Six Degrees Technology Group Limited)
I met Jude when we were both working on a GDPR compliance program, bench-marking the data processing activities of Hungarian suppliers. Jude showed true professionalism as a data protection expert and she suggested brilliant ideas to accelerate the processes. I was particularly impressed by Jude’s communication and organizational skills and I’m happy I got the chance to work with her — I hope we get to do it again.(Adam Szabo, Legal Counsel, Diageo Plc)
I had the pleasure of working with Jude during my time as Global Data Protection Legal Counsel at Diageo. Jude was incredibly hard-working and diligent, meeting all of the extremely tight deadlines that we had to work towards. She assessed the DPIAs of multiple business units and produced excellent advice and feedback which was well received. She is very personable and a very good stakeholder manager. I would wholeheartedly recommend Jude and I very much look forward to working with her again in the future.(Ayobambo Williams, Legal Counsel, Diageo Plc)
I met and worked with Jude during my tenure as a Project Manager with London Underground. Jude performed her duties with complete professionalism, demonstrating sound judgement and meticulous attention to detail with the ability to deliver advice that was inevitably sound and succinctly presented. Jude was highly regarded and respected by both her peers and senior management. I would welcome the opportunity to work with Jude again should I ever be given the opportunity to do so.(Stewart Allison Project Manager at MSS)
Jude was a wonderful addition to the SAS Law team while she was working with us. Her legal approach is both thorough and commercially-applied and her help was hugely appreciated.(Sophie Spread, Managing Director of SAS Law)
“I worked with Jude as part of a multidisciplinary client team on the procurement of a range of high value power upgrade contracts for TFL. Jude was responsible for the contract drafting and was able to quickly understand the technical aspects of the scope and advise the business on the legal and commercial issues associated with these complex infrastructure projects. She demonstrated strong negotiating skills during the procurement process and worked highly collaboratively within the client team.(Daren Stinton, Head of Power Engineering at Transport for London)
I definitely made the right decision partnering with Freeths(Dave Evans, CEO of City Plumbing)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014