"She gets through huge volumes of work in surprisingly short spaces of time with very good technical legal knowledge backing it all up."
(Chambers & Partners, 2017)
Katie joined Freeths in March 2014. Previously Katie worked in the London office of an international law firm.
Katie has a broad range of experience of finance transactions, with a particular interest in real estate investment and development finance. She also has experience of Islamic compliant financing structures and has advised strategically in relation to loan restructuring and work outs.
Katie is ranked in Chambers (2019 edition) as a Leading Individual and is recognised as a Recommended Lawyer and Rising Star by the Legal 500 (2020 edition).
Banking & Finance
- Acting for several related corporate groups in relation to loan facilities totalling. £200 million and the subsequent amendment & restatement of the same.
- Advising a fund in relation to its mezzanine loan facilities secured against UK real estate, total loan amounts ranging between £40 million and £75 million.
- Acting for a Jersey SPV in relation to its loan facility for the acquisition of a UK city centre shopping centre, including advising in connection with an Islamic compliant investment structure relating to that SPV.
- Advising in relation to the project finance development of a London school.
- Acting for the lender on a development and investment facility relating to a London hotel.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014