Kelly Wood advises clients on a wide range of commercial real estate transactions, mainly acting for real estate investors, corporate occupiers, landlords and lenders.
She has significant experience of acquisitions and disposals and landlord & tenant and portfolio management work as well as managing large scale projects. She has particular expertise in dealing with complex agreements for lease relating to the acquisition of retail, leisure and trade units located in shopping centres, edge of town locations and retail / leisure / trade parks.
Kelly joined Freeths in May 2018 having previously worked at other national firms.
- Advising a shopping centre operator on the reconfiguration of a shopping centre involving the relocation of units and re-gearing the existing leases and pre-lets for the new units on a conditional basis
- Running a re-gear programme of c.60 leases for a national retailer
- Acted for an investment fund on the acquisition and disposal of a various multi-let investment properties (comprising office blocks and industrial estates) and portfolios of properties with individual values of between c£1m and c£15m
- Lead associate on the £500m sale and lease back of a portfolio of properties for a major leisure operator including managing a team of lawyers to run the due diligence process, obtain consents and produce the transaction documents.
- In relation to the £179m sale of a business, managing a team of lawyers preparing and negotiating CLLS certificates of title with the buyer’s solicitors, supervising the process of obtaining landlords’ consents to assign and the preparation of the various transaction documents, liaising with the client’s funders to ensure compliance with the client’s banking facility and obtaining the various releases required
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014