‘Laura Brown is an extremely proficient lawyer who has a no-nonsense straightforward approach to problems and delivering advice.’
(The Legal 500, 2024)
Wide experience dealing with a broad range of real estate property matters including strategic land option and promotion agreements, collaboration agreements, development with construction aspects, acquisitions and disposals of freehold and leasehold properties, investment property and commercial landlord and tenant matters.
Laura acts for a number of substantial corporate, offshore, public sector and charity clients with a focus on residential and commercial development and construction projects and for corporate clients in the manufacturing and logistics sector.
Laura is listed as a Recommended Lawyer and recognised as a Rising Star in The Legal 500 (2024 edition).
- Sale of a 55 acre development site including overage arrangement linked to the development of land following equalisation pursuant to a Collaboration agreement with adjoining landowners. Residential development totalling more than 100 acres and infrastructure collaboration agreement in respect of extensive offsite works. Value £32m.
- Acquisition of 33 acres of greenfield land for residential development of 240 dwellings.
- Conditional upon planning sale of 100 acre development site. Complex deal involving resolution of title issues relating to owners of adjoining residential properties and complex overage. Value £33m.
- Agreement for Lease of new build warehouse premises 180,000 sq. ft value £20m.
- Hybrid Option/Promotion Agreement in respect of 16.3 acres for residential development.
- Conditional upon planning sale of industrial site for redevelopment for mixed residential and commercial use. Involved documenting an agreement for surrender with the occupational tenant of site to enable landowner to secure vacant possession.
Laura deals with commercial leases and developments at Ports. She is also experienced in commercial leases of industrial warehousing for the logistics sector.
- Acquiring a newly built 131,000 sq. ft. industrial warehouse with the option to acquire superior interest, with a project value of £8.8 million.
- Commercial leases of more than 30 acres of Port land with annual rent in excess of £1.2 million.
- Acting on behalf of one of the UK’s biggest providers of logistics and sequencing providers on the acquisition of land and construction of bespoke warehousing/manufacturing facility comprising 180,000 sq. ft. to service British multinational automobile manufacturer which produces luxury vehicles and sport utility vehicles parts to be decanted, repacked, quality checked, and distributed to vehicle manufacturing hubs.
- Acting for one of the UK’s biggest providers of finished vehicle logistics to the automotive industry managing multi-site national property portfolio consisting of >600,000 sq ft of warehousing/manufacturing space, 50 acres of inbound vehicle storage/preparation land at Ports (sea freight) and key storage, distribution and sequencing locations in the UK together with and offices.
To contact Laura or for more information…
- Law Society
‘Laura Brown leads on projects and is skilled on bring colleagues on board when specialist input is required outside of Laura’s remit.’(The Legal 500, 2024)
“Laura Brown deals with the more esoteric and complex property matters and her clear thinking and ability to deal with unusual situations without being phased is impressive. I also respect the fact that Laura knows when to call upon colleagues when a specific matter requires a specialist.”(The Legal 500, 2023)
“An excellent solicitor but has an extremely sensible commercial approach. She brings a breath of fresh air to every project.”(The Legal 500, 2022)
“…personable but straight to the point.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014