“Leon is one of our go-to lawyers. He rapidly builds rapport and trust with clients and buyers.”
(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
Leon is head of Corporate at our Oxford office. He has a wealth of experience in advising businesses on a wide range of corporate matters. These have included mergers and acquisitions, shareholders agreements, corporate restructurings, joint ventures and private equity.
He acts for clients across a range of sectors including technology, manufacturing and consultancy. Leon is highly regarded for his proactive approach and commercially focused advice.
Leon is ranked as a leading individual in Chambers & Partners (2024 edition) and is listed as a Recommended Lawyer in the Legal 500 (2022 edition).
- Advising the shareholders of Variohm Holdings Limited on the sale to Acal Electronics Holdings Limited; a provider of motion, sensor and measurement solutions for businesses across Europe.
- Advising management on the MBO (management buyout) of DTC Telecom, an international telecommunications equipment supplier in England, and ongoing corporate and commercial work.
- Advising the shareholders of Sleek Capital Limited, a fast-growing and popular high street makeup brand, on its sale to Walgreens Boots Alliance.
- Advising BioVendor (a Czech company) on its acquisition of Oxford Biosystems Limited. BioVendor operates internationally and has its own research, development and manufacturing capacity.
- Advising the shareholders of Red Engineering Design Limited, specialists in innovative, low energy infrastructure solutions, on the sale to Tractebel Engineering S.A., a Belgian listed company.
- Advising Santova Pty (a South African listed company) on its acquisition of Tradeway Shipping. This was a particularly complex transaction due to its cross-border element.
- Advising the shareholders of a leading uPVC cable management company, and the UK’s largest manufacturer of steel wire cable tray, on the sale of the company to Nasdaq listed acquirer. The transaction was completed in a very short time frame, requiring efficiency and direction from the outset.
- Advising Adestra on its growth capital arrangements with Business Growth Fund.
- Advising Cynergie UK Limited on the sale to outsourcing specialists, Davies Group Limited – a multi-award winning insurance service provider. Cynergie provides outsourced regulatory and complaints management services across highly-regulated sectors including insurance, financial services and utilities.
- Freeths advises Evolution Water Services Limited on their recent sale to Phenna Group
- Judges Scientific Plc acquires Geotek
- Freeths corporate team advise on the sale of digital marketing agency
- Freeths complete record 43 deals in 28 days in run up to budget
- Freeths Oxford Corporate Team Advise on Vaping Company Sale
- Oxford & Thames Valley webinar: Snakes and Ladders – strategies for the corporate ups and downs
- Freeths advise the management of Two Circles on the sale to Bruin Sports Capital
- Freeths advises on the sale of JGA Group
To contact Leon or for more information…
“I can honestly say there is no other team I would rather have had on our side of the table.”(Team Leader BCMS)
“Thanks to you and your team for the support and guidance…and for helping to ensure we got there.”(L Brook)
“We were impressed by your manner, knowledge, experience and professionalism…our thanks to you and your team for helping to bring this to a successful conclusion.”(I MacGregor)
“Leon is outstanding.”(Chambers & Partners, 2024)
“He is clear and professional at all times, as strong commercially as legally, and highly client and service-focused.”(Chambers & Partners, 2023)
“Knowledgeable, efficient, professional, personable and responsive. He runs a good team and clearly ensures they are properly supported in their ongoing development. He delegates enough to ensure client transactions keep moving, while maintaining full oversight and client contact”(Chambers & Partners 2022)
“In particular I’d single out their head of corporate and partner Leon Arnold as exceptional and a key reason to their abilities and depth of knowledge. We find him easy to work with, superbly knowledgeable and exceptionally professional. His best feature though is his speed of thought and decisiveness for cutting through the irrelevant and pointing the way forward in difficult and stressful situations.”(The Legal 500, 2021)
“Leon Arnold leads the team, and must take overall responsibility (and therefore credit) for the culture and approach that has makes the team so capable. Leon also brings a level of presence and input to transactions that can be unusual at his level of seniority.”(The Legal 500, 2021)
“Leon Arnold and his team are exceptional.” One interviewee praised Leon as “Clear, authoritative, confident and experienced.”(The Legal 500, 2020)
“Leon Arnold is experienced in advising businesses on a wide array of matters, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity and shareholder agreements.”(Chambers & Partners 2019)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014