Lloyd advises across the full range of IP rights, including trade marks, copyright, patents, designs and confidential information.
Lloyd’s contentious experience ranges from pre-action letters through to litigation in the High Court and the Intellectual Property Enterprise Court. Lloyd also has experience in negotiating settlement agreements and conducting ADR, including in relation to domain name and company name disputes.
Lloyd’s non-contentious experience includes drafting research and development agreements, conducting due diligence exercises for corporate transactions, providing brand clearance advice, advising on complex intra-group IP reorganisations and drafting IP assignment and licensing agreements.
In addition, Lloyd also advises on advertising and related regulatory matters, ranging from providing advertising clearance advice to advising on complaints made to the Advertising Standards Authority.
Intellectual Property & Media
- Advising on a consortium agreement between UK universities and various international pharmaceutical companies.
- Defending a retail client against claims for trade mark infringement brought in the High Court.
- Defending an ASA complaint in relation to claims of efficacy and safety made in respect of a generic injectable medical device.
- Conducting advocacy in the IPEC small claims track, company names tribunal and UKIPO proceedings.
- Conducting IP due diligence on high value, IP-heavy corporate transactions.
- Multiple proceedings before the UKIPO, including oppositions and applications for invalidity.
- Trade mark, branding and product clearance advice.
- Multiple successful domain name actions at Nominet and WIPO.
- Multiple successful Company Names Tribunal actions.
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014