“Thank you so much for all your help — you have worked with me with so much compassion and patience and have given me so much insightful advice throughout — there aren’t really enough words to express my heartfelt appreciation.”
Lucy is a member of the firm’s specialist clinical negligence team, dealing with claims against NHS Trusts and private medical professionals. She works on a wide range of claims, including birth-injury and orthopaedic claims, cases where there has been a delay in diagnosis of cancer, Accident and Emergency claims and fatal claims.
Lucy is listed as a Recommended lawyer in the Legal 500 (2019 Edition).
- Obtaining a six-figure settlement for a gentleman who lost the sight in one eye due to a failure by his optician to diagnose retinal detachment.
- Representing a gentleman who experienced delay in obtaining appropriate treatment for a diabetic foot infection, leading to a total amputation of his second toe.
- Reaney v University Hospital of North Staffordshire NHS Trust (1) & Mid Staffordshire NHS Trust (2): A landmark Court of Appeal decision which determined the principles for establishing the extent of the defendant’s responsibility to provide for the claimant’s needs, in cases where the claimant had a pre-existing condition.
- A settlement of over £6 million (capitalised) for a boy suffering from severe cerebral palsy as a result of the mismanagement of his mother’s labour.
- A claim against a GP for delay in diagnosis of sepsis. £250,000 was obtained in settlement.
- A claim for injury to the carotid artery during key-hole surgery. The claimant suffered a stroke and serious on-going consequences. The claim settled for £190,000.
- Successfully concluding a claim against a care home for injuries, resulting from staff using an incorrect method to transfer an elderly patient. A negotiated settlement of £58,000 was achieved.
- £35,000 settlement for a client who suffered a stroke following injury to her arteries during spinal surgery.
- Successfully concluding a claim for injuries caused during prostate surgery.
- Association of Personal Injury Lawyers
- Oxford Medico-Legal Society
“Thank you both again for your tenacity and wise counsel over these last difficult 3 and a half years.”
“I am very grateful to all in the legal team that have supported me over the last four years.”
“I really appreciate the time and hard work that you have spent on my case.”
“Wanted to thank you for all your help, work and patience with me while this was sorted… Will keep your details, hopefully will not need your services again. But will highly recommend you to friends and family if ever needed.”
“…clear but subtle.”(The Legal 500, 2019)
“…effective negotiator”(The Legal 500, 2018)
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014