“Maddy has a real talent for working through an acquisition and communicating the key points in plain English, ensuring that the momentum in a transaction is always maintained. Not only this, she is able to maintain her sense of humour at all times. A pleasure to work with.”
(Ian White, Managing Director of the Beckett Investment Management Group)
Maddy studied law at The University of Bristol before training at Freeths and qualifying into the Nottingham Corporate team.
She advises on all aspects of corporate finance work including acquisitions, disposals, reorganisations, investments and general corporate governance.
Maddy is also an active member of the Freeths Staff Council and in the firm’s ‘Initiate’ business development group.
- Acted for the shareholders of Willoughby (874) Limited (the parent company of Isys Interactive Systems Limited) a software house that provides management software solutions for a range of industries, on the sale of the Isys group to The Access Group.
- Acted for BIMG Limited, a financial services company, on its recent investment from Foresight.
- Acted for the shareholders of Nottingham Scientific Limited on the sale to GMV, a Spanish aerospace engineering company.
- Acted for the shareholders of iBlocks Limited, a technology company specialising in software solutions, to Tracsis Plc.
- Acted for Euro Garages Limited on the acquisition of the largest KFC franchise in the UK & Ireland from the Herbert Group.
Maddy was part of the team who advised convenience retail operator EG Group, trading as Euro Garages Limited, on its acquisition of the largest KFC franchise in the UK & Ireland from The Herbert Group. https://www.freeths.co.uk/2020/03/11/freeths-advise-on-largest-kfc-franchise-deal/
- Freeths advises Paycircle Limited on the acquisition of Paycircle by The Access Group
- Freeths advises LDC on the minority investment into Shaken Udder
- Freeths advises See Tickets on LiveBuzz Group Acquisition
- Freeths Corporate Team Advises on Sale of ISYS Interactive Systems Limited to The Access Group
- Freeths advise on largest KFC Franchise deal
To contact Maddy or for more information…
“Thank you to all the Freeths team for your hard work helping us (and the Sellers) get this over the line! I have to call out Maddy especially for her work keeping the Sellers’ in check, helping them with their documents and for always being so diligent, positive and professional when faced with such a challenging counterparty, it is really appreciated.”(Rebecca Fjeld, Senior Corporate Legal Counsel, Experian )
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014