"The training Matt provided was very well received. It was pitched at just the right level with sufficient detail and practical advice."
Matt qualified as a solicitor in 2013. He has acted for a range of clients in contentious and non-contentious employment matters with particular experience in the Retail, Food and Care sectors. Matt provides advice on topics including disciplinary and grievance investigations, long term employee absence, TUPE, redundancy procedures and settlement agreements.
He works with clients to draft effective employment contracts and procedures that are suited to the specific needs of the employer organisation. He also regularly provides bespoke training to managers and HR departments on a wide range of employment related topics.
- Advising a construction company with £40 million turnover through successful defence of a discrimination claim by a former director.
- Drafting a full range of new employment contracts and policies for company listed on Oslo Stock Exchange establishing a UK business.
- Successfully representing a client in a leading case on the meaning of “place of work” in the context of redundancy scenarios.
Matt has experience in acting for a number of clients in the retail sector. He provides daily advice to a nationwide retailer with over 40,000 employees.
- Matt works on secondment in the sector which has given him a particular insight into the challenges and priorities of retailers.
Matt provides regular advice and training to a Consortium of Local Medical Committees which covers 330 GP Practices across the North West.
- Advised a number of care homes on employee payment obligations and on employment related requirements in corporate transactions and restructuring exercises.
- HR Matters: The rising cost of sickness related absence in the workplace – How to support your employees and manage the long term effects
- HR Matters legal clinic: Exiting Lockdown
- HR Matters: Managing the health & well-being of your employees – 28 May 2020
- Employment Law Review – September 2019
- Employment Seminar: Performance Management – Manchester – 21th March
- Employment Seminar: Performance Management – Sheffield – 19th March
To contact Matt or for more information…
“We appreciate all Matt’s help and we will definitely use him again if we are unlucky enough to be taken to another tribunal!”
“I would like to take this opportunity to thank Matt for everything he has done for us; his time, expertise and help have been invaluable and fully appreciated.”
“The training Matt provided was very well received. It was pitched at just the right level with sufficient detail and practical advice.”
“Thank you to Matt for his persistence moving everything forwards and bringing the matter to a good conclusion. I also recognise that there were two other parties that he brilliantly managed in the negotiations.”
‘Doing the right thing’ is at the heart of Freeths. Find out more about our excellent client service and the strong set of values that guide the way we work.
Talk to us
Freeths are a leading national law firm with 13 offices across the UK. If you have a query about our services or just want to find out more, why not give us a call?
Contact: 03301 001 014